1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

NAKED RIBS, NO RUB, NO SAUCE!

Discussion in 'Pork' started by SmokinAl, May 31, 2017.

1. link

link Smoking Fanatic

Al, Those look great. I have to agree I usually put some kind of a rub on the items I am smoking (we only use sauce for dipping in my family) but lately have switched to just salt and pepper for most things I smoke. If I do a brisket (wifes favorite) she only ever wants S&P on it.

So as always you are spot on. Great job and nice pictures.
    Link

2. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Let me know what you think!
    Al

3. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Thanks Link!!!
    Al

4. Carnivore91

Carnivore91 Newbie

These look excellent, Al.

I am new to this way of cooking and a long time griller. Set up my MB 40" propane this week and currently have 3 racks of spare ribs in it done this way.

I'm usually a sauce type of guy, so I'm hoping they're as good as yours look!

5. Jmt

Jmt Fire Starter

Genius! A must try, for sure. Great pics and info!

6. SmokinAl

Thanks fellas!
    Al

7. Did some naked ribs last nite,1st ones turned out really juicy and tender, also went with 195 temp, just needed a little seasoning just naked didn't cut it

8. SmokinAl

At least you were willing to try something new, now you can slowly build on your flavor profile.
    Adding a little something each time.
    Al

9. Al,
    I am very interested in the outcome of the way you did this. I have two fresh slabs I am going to do today for the 4th. One I did make a honey mustard/mayo with my homemade rub, and the other I will just leave naked and the the smoke and heat do the work. I typically do the 3-2-1 method with the ribs but I am also goin to try your method with using just temperatures fingers crossed. Will post pics later.

10. SmokinAl

Good luck & keep us posted!
    Al