NAKED RIBS, NO RUB, NO SAUCE!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Al, Those look great. I have to agree I usually put some kind of a rub on the items I am smoking (we only use sauce for dipping in my family) but lately have switched to just salt and pepper for most things I smoke. If I do a brisket (wifes favorite) she only ever wants S&P on it.

So as always you are spot on. Great job and nice pictures.
Link

I'll need to try that sometime. I put my BBs in with a dryrub for 2 hours, take them out and wrap them in Butcher paper and tinfoil and put some of my sauce to it, put it in for about 90 minutes, take it back out and remove the paper and foil and put it back in for another 45 minutes to an hour. totally amazing and so far never heard any complaints or bad comments about it but have had a lot of good comments on it. Now I'm gona try this naked option once.

Let me know what you think!
Al

Al, Those look great. I have to agree I usually put some kind of a rub on the items I am smoking (we only use sauce for dipping in my family) but lately have switched to just salt and pepper for most things I smoke. If I do a brisket (wifes favorite) she only ever wants S&P on it.

So as always you are spot on. Great job and nice pictures.
Link

Thanks Link!!!
Al

These look excellent, Al.

I am new to this way of cooking and a long time griller. Set up my MB 40" propane this week and currently have 3 racks of spare ribs in it done this way.

I'm usually a sauce type of guy, so I'm hoping they're as good as yours look!

These look excellent, Al.

I am new to this way of cooking and a long time griller. Set up my MB 40" propane this week and currently have 3 racks of spare ribs in it done this way.

I'm usually a sauce type of guy, so I'm hoping they're as good as yours look!

Genius! A must try, for sure. Great pics and info!

Thanks fellas!
Al

Did some naked ribs last nite,1st ones turned out really juicy and tender, also went with 195 temp, just needed a little seasoning just naked didn't cut it

Did some naked ribs last nite,1st ones turned out really juicy and tender, also went with 195 temp, just needed a little seasoning just naked didn't cut it

At least you were willing to try something new, now you can slowly build on your flavor profile.
Adding a little something each time.
Al

Al,
I am very interested in the outcome of the way you did this. I have two fresh slabs I am going to do today for the 4th. One I did make a honey mustard/mayo with my homemade rub, and the other I will just leave naked and the the smoke and heat do the work. I typically do the 3-2-1 method with the ribs but I am also goin to try your method with using just temperatures fingers crossed. Will post pics later.

Al,
I am very interested in the outcome of the way you did this. I have two fresh slabs I am going to do today for the 4th. One I did make a honey mustard/mayo with my homemade rub, and the other I will just leave naked and the the smoke and heat do the work. I typically do the 3-2-1 method with the ribs but I am also goin to try your method with using just temperatures fingers crossed. Will post pics later.

Good luck & keep us posted!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky