• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Might be going on an extended vacation

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
After my wife finds out about this.

I left today to go the coast to pick up my oldest who has been with his mom for the summer.

Along the way it was revealed to me by the sous chef that he didn't bring any pants. Usually something you want on the Oregon coast. Especially if you're going to go fish on the ocean.

I was in Chet Willy's neck of the woods and saw one of those W superstore places. So I pulled in. Walked in the doors and there it was in all its glory. I couldn't resist the attraction was to great. I had to have it.

Of course I didn't have my tool kit to put it together so I had to buy one for the car. Yeah should have one in the car.

Forgot the pants.

Assembled in the motel room. Everyone does that right?

Smoke away!!!

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Just tell the wife you got the stuff for the boys R2D2 Halloween Costume early...
...JJ

Last edited:

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
Nice score,I need to go look for a steal on a 22.5!:biggrin:

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Just tell the wife you got the stuff for the boys R2D2 Halloween Costume early...:biggrin: ...JJ
I'm just going to put in with all the mini-WSM's and hope she doesn't notice. You know just like in the movie E.T. When the kids hid E.T. In the closet with the stuffed animals. I think it'll work!

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Easier to Beg Forgiveness than Ask Permission when it comes to boy's toys...JJ

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
I've been looking on CL myself no luck yet,it would be nice to use the rotisserie on it as well as the kettle.
Yeah CL has been a bust for the last several years in my neck of the woods. I've been considering the rotisserie for the 18. Haven't pulled the trigger yet though.

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 4, 2014
My wife is on the Oregon coast right now! I wonder if she'd stop and get me one? I'm sure Delta would fly it back! :biggrin:

Oh, and for the record, not a Weber, but I have assembled an upright smoker in a motel room before.

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Still $139 at our wally.

Nice score tho

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Nice score Case!

Al

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Case just say it is a new cover on the old smoker.Nice score

Richie

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Still $139 at our wally.

Nice score tho
This one was marked $139, but the price placard on the shelf said $99. Gal in the garden center said they had just lowered the price the day before. Can't wait to fire this bad boy up!

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
This one was marked $139, but the price placard on the shelf said $99. Gal in the garden center said they had just lowered the price the day before. Can't wait to fire this bad boy up!
I gotta go back and look, maybe its lowered at this local thugmart. 

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Nice score Case. If I could find one for that price it would be on my deck so fast it would think it was born there!!!!!!

Gary

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Nice score Case. If I could find one for that price it would be on my deck so fast it would think it was born there!!!!!!

Gary
Yeah they sucked me in! I never go to the big "W" store. Too good of a deal to not!

Smoke away!!!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.