Might be going on an extended vacation

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
After my wife finds out about this.

I left today to go the coast to pick up my oldest who has been with his mom for the summer.

Along the way it was revealed to me by the sous chef that he didn't bring any pants. Usually something you want on the Oregon coast. Especially if you're going to go fish on the ocean.

I was in Chet Willy's neck of the woods and saw one of those W superstore places. So I pulled in. Walked in the doors and there it was in all its glory. I couldn't resist the attraction was to great. I had to have it.

Of course I didn't have my tool kit to put it together so I had to buy one for the car. Yeah should have one in the car.

Forgot the pants.

Assembled in the motel room. Everyone does that right?

3ec4a8b760f67c55d26eb3e3c25c9fbc.jpg

5320bdd6a84bfe8b430a006cf196d63b.jpg

45ed1d3916cb466f2df92dcd88868ea4.jpg

486a39079a291c107d44144dd9c4642b.jpg

Smoke away!!!

Reactions: bdskelly
Just tell the wife you got the stuff for the boys R2D2 Halloween Costume early...
biggrin.gif
...JJ

Last edited:
Just tell the wife you got the stuff for the boys R2D2 Halloween Costume early...:biggrin: ...JJ

I'm just going to put in with all the mini-WSM's and hope she doesn't notice. You know just like in the movie E.T. When the kids hid E.T. In the closet with the stuffed animals. I think it'll work!

Easier to Beg Forgiveness than Ask Permission when it comes to boy's toys...JJ

I've been looking on CL myself no luck yet,it would be nice to use the rotisserie on it as well as the kettle.

Yeah CL has been a bust for the last several years in my neck of the woods. I've been considering the rotisserie for the 18. Haven't pulled the trigger yet though.

My wife is on the Oregon coast right now! I wonder if she'd stop and get me one? I'm sure Delta would fly it back! :biggrin:

Oh, and for the record, not a Weber, but I have assembled an upright smoker in a motel room before.

Still $139 at our wally.

Nice score tho

This one was marked $139, but the price placard on the shelf said $99. Gal in the garden center said they had just lowered the price the day before. Can't wait to fire this bad boy up!

This one was marked $139, but the price placard on the shelf said $99. Gal in the garden center said they had just lowered the price the day before. Can't wait to fire this bad boy up!
I gotta go back and look, maybe its lowered at this local thugmart. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky