Let’s see the dogs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
or is there already a good pet thread going? If not I’d love to see the pets you guys got! I got 3 at my place now. Would be 4 but my sister took here Aussie back. Picked with this husky the other day and he’s a very unique dog so farView attachment 389132 View attachment 389133pretty much a rescue dog that will be buff soon and not this skinny business View attachment 389134very calm in bed but another story outside. He’s 53 pounds now and I’d like to see him at 60

JJ and Mookie my 2 crazy cattle dogs

Attachments

• 868AB9CC-A44B-4432-8255-53CAE1CB27AC.jpeg
    868AB9CC-A44B-4432-8255-53CAE1CB27AC.jpeg
    341.6 KB · Views: 42
The eyes on the Brown one are telling you something: "Take the picture already... I wanna go play in the water so'more!!" Cute pups!

The Wolf helping me with a fencing job..
As you can see he has great taste in beer...lol

Very sad day for my family yesterday, we had to put our much loved friend to sleep after a sudden illness.
As many of you would understand he was much more than just a pet he was truly part of our family.
RIP Wolf we will miss you and remember you.

• Sad
Reactions: martin1950
I give you Rescue Dog folks credit. My first Pound Puppy a Springer Mix was the greatest dog I have ever owned. Never a problem and even took up Baby sitting each of our newborns. Spent nights under the crib, if the baby stirred, Britney would run to our room and wake my Wife. We didn't even need the electronic monitor. Two rescues after that had issues. One chewed EVERYTHING! It seemed the higher the value the more damage she did. The third and last rescue was great for a year. Well trained and listened, but this past fall, Tank, a Pit Boxer mix, Lost His Mind! He started biting visitors, completely unprovoked. He drew blood on a delivery guys leg and left bleeding teeth marks in a visiting nurses FACE, along her jaw. Tank, snapped at her arm then reared up and bit her face, out of the blue.The final straw was he repeatedly bit, shook and drew blood on his Best Buddy, our first Beagle that Tank helped raise from a Pup! We could not have a 110 pounds of unpredictable in the house. It hurt to put Tank down but there was no way we could risk loosing the Beagle or getting sued...JJ

• Sad
All of ours have been rescues

I give you Rescue Dog folks credit.

The male in post 79 was a rescue . He was taken from a breeder at 1 and a half years old . Weighed 43 pounds at that time . All the hair was gone off his hind quarter and tail . I was asked to take him in , after he had been brought back to health . Went to meet him , had my worries . That dog took to my kids like I have never seen in my life . He came home with us . This was 20 years ago , and he's long been gone . Something to be said for a bad life turned good .
We gave him a good go , and he never stopped repaying us .
Picture 429.jpg Picture 430.jpg
Always movin , and watchin the kids .
Picture 435.jpg

Very sad day for my family yesterday, we had to put our much loved friend to sleep after a sudden illness.

So Sorry for your loss KiwiSmoke. That is a very difficult decision, but I always think of the pup first and it may be best for them..... I have had to make the decision more times than I like, and the first few days are the hardest. You have good memories and hopefully lots of pictures. Our pup Callie is sending a hug your way.

This was 20 years ago , and he's long been gone . Something to be said for a bad life turned good .
We gave him a good go , and he never stopped repaying us .

I volunteered for a Shepherd rescue for years and even helped start one. I found that the rescues know they found a good home and do repay the kindness with love and affection.

So Sorry for your loss KiwiSmoke. That is a very difficult decision, but I always think of the pup first and it may be best for them..... I have had to make the decision more times than I like, and the first few days are the hardest. You have good memories and hopefully lots of pictures. Our pup Callie is sending a hug your way.
Thank for your kind words HD its much appreciated.
Cheers Pete

Layla was a Hurricane Katrina refugee as a pup in 2005. She is a Lab - German short hair mix, and will be 14 this year. Sweetest, and most loving and loyal dog I have ever had. Layla is one tough girl. She has survived eating a bag of rat poison, a bite to the face from a Water Moccasin, and ACL surgery. Amazing how willing you are to spend whatever it takes to save the life of an animal that loves you unconditionally. She is losing her hearing, and is slow to get up and down now, but never fails to meet us at the door to welcome us home, and still follows us from room to room just to be close. Hoping we have another good couple of years with this sweet lady.

IMG_0700.JPG IMG_0701.JPG IMG_0086.JPG

I know this is an older thread but I wanted to share our kids.
Resized_20190117_144430(1).jpeg
this is Angel, she was my girlie, sadly we had to put her to sleep this past January. She was our 12 year old red doberman. Still brings tears to my eyes.
But on a happier note, kya is our 8 month old dobie
20191111_074315.jpg

At 54 lbs I think she has lead in her legs, cuz I don't know where she hides it. If she puts her paws on my wife's shoulders she can look her in the eye at 5'3"
20190619_210503.jpg

Sadie, on the right (mom), 12 years old, lab/weimaraner mix. Big guy in the middle, Sadie's son, 10 years old, dad was pure bred Norwegian elk hound. Kya on the left, when she was younger. She is the tallest now.
Think we like black dogs?
20190810_173640.jpg

Our 3 in the back, our daughter and sil dogs diesel in front,(lab/mastiff mix) and Duke on floor to the left,( great dane) at 7 months.
And Duke today at 10 months
Resized_20191117_084609_1807425592434409.jpeg

Gives new meaning to watching.
Duke and diesel are our grand puppies, still waiting for actual grandkids

This was our year of "rescued" dogs after our 15 yr. old Dozer past. 1st was an 8yr. old ACD "it" dog from the dog pond, 2nd was a 3 month old GSD bitch pup from a now defuncted "mill". 4 months on now they are shadows for each other, he's a little lighter in weight and she's ALOT taller now. Sure am glad we've got 2 1/2 acres mowed, these two are high energy dogs that love to run, mostly after the barn cats.
1 Patches.jpg
20190730_162935.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky