Let’s see the dogs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Why does he have 3 collars?

Pics from today
8D0105DA-44CA-4AAC-BC12-41BE0CF38CCB.jpeg
F58A2A50-D1B6-461F-A25F-DEE350282427.jpeg
1EFDDBBF-9D3E-427B-832A-4D2156AB380A.jpeg
D547E29C-952F-420D-AC5C-F15EABC00ABD.jpeg

Here's pictures of my big guy Gibson that passed away a while back. He made us love Rhodesian Ridgebacks. Now we have two more females (sisters from the same litter)

FB_IMG_1513034021019.jpg

This is Lulu and Mya. Originally we just had Lulu , then the owner of her sister Mya needed to re-home her and asked if we were interested. Lulu's big brother Gibson had passed a year earlier and we had just started talking about getting a puppy as Lulu was seemingly depressed, instead we got her 9 year old sister!! :) Although they are the same age, Mya is ridiculously more puppy like! Lulu had a bout with cancer a while back and I think the treatment took its toll on her.
FB_IMG_1490319959445.jpg

This was actually them together as puppies!
IMG_20190211_145437_401.jpg

Lulu relaxing!

20180310_110729.jpg

Something exciting in the bush! Sorry, I could go on forever about my girls!!

Shredding a pork butt the other night.
"You are going to drop some of that aren't you?"
I did. :emoji_wink:
IMG_20190321_211830.jpg

Honestly asking, not being a smart A...is silver lab different than a Weimaraner?

Different dogs, different breeds. Weimaraners are part of the pointing class of hunting dogs like GSP’s. Although a Weims temperament is quite different than a GSP.

Labs tend to me more stockier and shorter than Weimaraners. Also a Weim is usually more refined in body and head features.

Although cute as hell, a silver lab is not recognized as a breed standard, only yellow, black and chocolate.

Source: Am a proud owner of a Weimaraner. Meet Remy our 5 yr. old female.
538BAA4F-C795-4CC8-807B-34E869FE9F71.jpeg

386FCBFB-D494-47C8-BCA7-B81D58221860.jpeg

I missed this thread. So here's my family.

Roxy and Addy (black labs) not long after we got them (sisters from the same litter) 10 years ago. Only a mother could love those faces.

Pups Feb 25 2009 - Copy_edited.jpg

Miss Linda and both pups. Addy in the camo collar, Roxy in red:
Aug 1, 2009 054.jpg

Our 3 critters waiting for a treat. Miss Kitty, Roxy (front), Addy (rear). Sadly, we lost Miss Linda's Addy to bone cancer 4 years ago. Sad times.
Addy Roxy Bastet.jpg

My old girl Roxy, in her all time favorite spot--an 85 pound lapdog. She turned 10 a couple of months ago. That makes her about as old as me now. It's a crapshoot which one of us will outlive the other.

20171020_180114.jpg

My old hound goes everywhere with me, whether I'm mowing the lawn or down at the truck yard working on the Freightliner. She loves to ride with me when I'm working, but at 85 pounds she's just too damn heavy to lift in and out of the truck. So she seldom gets to come with me on jobs--but she always comes racing down the road to meet me when I come home. God knows I love her dearly.

Gary

beautiful black labs! Love the big smile she has in the last pic! we lost my first go to cancer a couple years ago. he was a yellow as well. I wouldn't have any other kind of dog. Labs are so fun and loving.

beautiful black labs! Love the big smile she has in the last pic! we lost my first go to cancer a couple years ago. he was a yellow as well. I wouldn't have any other kind of dog. Labs are so fun and loving.

That's why we chose labs. We just wanted a couple of dogs that would love everybody who came to visit. We don't need a guard dog out here in the bush--that's my job.
Roxy's a real happy dog. She spends more time smiling than not.
The nice thing about Angle over Roxy is that Roxy's age really shows with all the grey/white she's got now, and Angle's doesn't.
Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky