Late night rack of ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

motolife313

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 27, 2016
IMG_9076.JPG
IMG_9077.JPG
IMG_9101.JPG
IMG_9092.JPG
Doing 1 rack from Costco. 3 pack weighted 11.5 pounds. That's average 3.8 pounds so pretty big seems like. These are from swift. Havent done them since Christmas Eve smoke I did. They were really good. Started at 6:15 and pulled at 11:15 at 198 degree. Smoking at 250 and used alder and few pieces oak at the end becuase I used all the alder I brought from the wood pile

Nice job on those ribs moto. They look fantastic.

Point for sure.

Chris

moto looks good I have been spinning 2 ribs at a time to get ready fore the 4th of July. Likes
Richie

Your ribs look fantastic!
Great work!
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who will fire up a stickburner for one rack of ribs!!
Al

Reactions: meatallica
IMG_9123.JPG
Thanks for all the nice words!!

Haha that's funny Al, it only takes about 5 minutes or less to get it fired up. Get wood and chop it up then place in fb and get weed burner and light, I put the meat of the racks first so no wasted time getting smoker up to temp. I know u like to put the meat on right after u light your fire. I just don't want the smoke in my face and I can take my time putting the meat on. Btw I get no white smoke either since I use the weed burner. Try with a weed burner if u haven't it works perfect. Got my ribs heating up here on gas grill on top of a piece of apple wood

Rotisserie? I bet those would be juicey from being self basted. I bet i could put a rotisserie in mine if I wanted, might have to drill holes tho in the cc
moto looks good I have been spinning 2 ribs at a time to get ready fore the 4th of July. Likes
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky