• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Daba's BBQ

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 24, 2021
Metro NYC
I picked up a few dozen dry age kits from The Sausage Maker. Yesterday, I placed 3 ribeyes in one and a top eye round roast in another. I followed the instruction and tied them both.

Is there an optimum period of time to keep them refrigerated before opening and serving?

I am heading out on vacation in about 2 1/2 weeks and would like to try the steaks before I leave, but I want to leave the roast alone until after I get back in early August.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you

Peace

Just wondering if you have someone to open the fridge door regularly? I’ve found opening the door daily for some air exchange really helps the process along. As far as timing, I like 4 weeks or more but even a couple weeks isn’t bad. You’ll notice a difference.

I have 12-year old twins - so yep, the door is opened often throughout the day/night

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky