• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Happy Father's day fellas

Binford 6100

Meat Mopper
Joined Apr 30, 2018
If your a father, and more importantly, a dad. Happy father's day to you all!

Let's get this weekend started!

20210618_154826.jpg

Here's what I'm starting with.
20 lbs of Boston, 3 lbs of chicken breast and 5 lbs of tri tip,
Chicken tonight. Pork tomorrow and tri tip on Sunday for the perfect tri-fecta of fathers day meat and BBQ.

Post up your cooks and smokes guys!

Kcarnie

Joined Jun 1, 2021
If your a father, and more importantly, a dad. Happy father's day to you all!

Let's get this weekend started!

View attachment 500487

Here's what I'm starting with.
20 lbs of Boston, 3 lbs of chicken breast and 5 lbs of tri tip,
Chicken tonight. Pork tomorrow and tri tip on Sunday for the perfect tri-fecta of fathers day meat and BBQ.

Post up your cooks and smokes guys!
Happy Father day to you also looks like you have a great day planned

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Happy Fathers day guys! looks like ya got plans to keep the cooker hot all weekend. Hope you got a cold drink to keep that meat company.
Jim

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Sounds good to me. Happy Father's Day.
For me it Grampa's Day.
Gary

D.W.

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 13, 2018
Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there. Been cooking a ton this week but no pics. Have a prime tritip thawing. Planning to do smoked tritip dips this Sunday, should be able to get a few pics to share.

GonnaSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 19, 2018
Happy Father's Day to all and thank you for taking that responsibility seriously. My wish is that I could be half the father and grandfather that my dad was.

My lineup for the weekend includes St. Louis style ribs and a couple of other goodies for the smoker.

Here's a little preview of things to come...
thumbnail 5.jpg

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Got the neighbors coming down for brunch around 10:00 AM, Challah bread cinnamon French toast, homemade bacon, fresh strawberries, real maple syrup, and of course Mimosas. Should be a good day. Mimosas at 10:00 & brunch at 11:00.
Al

bhambrewer

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 16, 2020
got some nice Prime Rib steaks from a local butcher to grill tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

And happy Father's day to all. You're doing a difficult job.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Happy Fathers' Day to all you SMF Dads out there!!!

Bear

Binford 6100

Meat Mopper
Joined Apr 30, 2018
Looks great. Let's see some sliced pics.

Sorry we already had ate and put up the leftovers by the time I posted my cook pic.
Unfortunately it was Slightly more done then I wished for with the cook, I should have went 130/135 on the sous vide.
But it was still tender and delicious.

D.W.

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 13, 2018
Didn't get anything else but the plated pics of the tritip dips. Used the stick burner running oak at about 215 for 45 minutes until 120 IT, then directly over the coals for 2 minutes a side. Made a horseradish mayo to spread. Sliced thin across the grains, tender and bite through.
20210620_174520.jpg
20210620_174512.jpg

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.