Big Jake and Little Jake putting in some work for a good cause.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 16, 2007
Fired up Big Jake today with Oak wood but ran out of room. Needed to fire up little Jake to take of the slack.
Started with 30 pounds of Chicken wings. Soaked 10 Pounds In a gallon of butter milk, half gallon of franks and half gallon of jalapeño juice and added some honey hog hot rub. Soaked for 24 for hours.
IMG_6487.jpeg

Started early this morning. Seasoned wings first and placed on Big Jakes top rack.
IMG_6517.jpeg

Then seasoned the other 20 pounds with Honey Hog finished the rack.
Seasoned 70 pounds of boneless skinless thighs and placed them on middle and bottom racks.
IMG_6518.jpeg
IMG_6515.jpeg
top rack measures 31 inches x 6’5” middle is 35 inches by 6’5”. Bottom rack measures 36 inches by 6’5”. It fills up fast.
Seasoned 12 pounds of Tri tip and on to the top rack of little Jake. Started with oak the. Cooked with hickory I got from store.
IMG_6503.jpeg
IMG_6520.jpeg

Also added a few zucchini to little Jake for home use.
While all that was getting up to temp I placed 2 blocks of cream cheese in the warmer. Never tried it before and wanted to see what the deal was. Seasoned with Honey Hog and waited 1.5 hrs. Presto! Wow this stuff is legit !
IMG_6522.jpeg
IMG_6525.jpeg
topped one with mikes hot honey and the other witb Oregon brand cherries and juice.
Chopped some bellpeppers and onion 3 peppers per pot and 1 onion each Added 2 pounds ground beef when appropriate Beans we’re going to separate places so I separated the ingredients
IMG_6499.jpeg
added some seasoning. Then placed in to full-size pans with beans and into Big Jakes warmer to cook.
IMG_6519.jpeg

Well the cheese was so good I made one for a neighbor. They loved it. Neither of us had eaten it before. They returned my dish full. I got the better deal lol
image.jpg

I pulled the Tri tips at 130. Had to test drive one. Several were going to the battered women’s shelter along with beans, salad and cookies for the kids
IMG_6531.jpeg
IMG_6532.jpeg

The wings finished 1st. Placed the 10 pounds I soaked In franks with melted butter and the rest in a couple full pans. My MIL was over and wanted a few wings with just salt and pepper do to food allergies.
IMG_6526.jpeg
IMG_6536.jpeg

Took the thighs off at 170-180ish as they were going to about 60 elderly without family and the rest to feed residentially challenged. Don’t want them getting sick.
IMG_6537.jpeg
IMG_6539.jpeg
IMG_6542.jpeg
IMG_6543.jpeg

Got everything panned and made deliveries. Man were people happy. It was a long day but well worth it. Our kids helped and ate some wings and one Tri tip. They liked them.

Wish you all a very Merry Christmas. Hope to relax tomorrow.

Last edited:
WOW FB that's a great cook for great cause! I'm sure it was much appreciated by all !

Keith
Thank you. Definitely felt good. My backs glad it’s over lol

Nice to see the two Jakes fired up and everything looks awesome. I'm sure you made a bunch of people happy very nice of you

Reactions: flatbroke
Nice to see the two Jakes fired up and everything looks awesome. I'm sure you made a bunch of people happy very nice of you
Thank you. The women’s shelter made me take a photo with them around the food and then in front of the tree. I hadn’t planned for that lol

Good on you for helping folks out man! All the food looks fantastic. The only thing that would have made it better is my Nuclear Nectar instead Mikes 😆 Merry Christmas

Reactions: flatbroke
Good on you for helping folks out man! All the food looks fantastic. The only thing that would have made it better is my Nuclear Nectar instead Mikes 😆 Merry Christmas
Thank you. I bet that nectar would be good.

WOW , good on you and your family for this and the joy to so many.
Special place for you folks . As I know you do this often.

What a large cook of great food for a great helping hand to those in need.

Merry Christmas to you

David
Thank you, Merry Christmas.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky