• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Gyros

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Man that looks amazing!...JJ

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Oh my God that looks good!

Point to you Sir!

Congrats on making the carousel!

BTW I moved this to lamb.

Al

ab canuck

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 20, 2016

I love that stuff..... And yours looks great..... Can't get a decent Gyro out here...  Great job.... Care to share the recipe????

gary s

OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
Looks Fantastic, great job  Mmmmm !!  

Gary

david b

Joined Feb 18, 2017
Yum yum we can't get a decent gyros down here either, I got turned on to those when I went to Crete for a live fire missel exercise thanks for posting

pabeef

Smoke Blower
Joined Oct 24, 2016
Look great and a nice job on the cook. Could you share the type of wood you used, and if you did any thing besides the tatonka dust? I will be trying this when it gets warm. And again in the fall when the lambs get bigger.

PABEEF

daveomak

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Mikey...   Sure looks delish...   pts..

bigmikey14

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 2, 2016
I didn't do anything to the meat besides Tatonka Dust. I didn't decide to do the gyros until after I put it on. Went to the store and grabbed the gyro stuff while it was cooking. I used a mix of cherry and pecan

actech

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 28, 2013
What type of season is tatonka dust?
I wondered same thing and googled it. No longer made at this time. They lost a supplier of one of the ingredients so they arent making it any more.  owensbbq.com

daveomak

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010

What type of season is tatonka dust?
I wondered same thing and googled it. No longer made at this time. They lost a supplier of one of the ingredients so they arent making it any more.  owensbbq.com
Marty and Tanya are finding a new "seasoning company" to make their special mix...  he says in a few months it should be back in stock...

hoity toit

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 4, 2011
Nice job, I have been wantin to try that method for a while now.,,,guess i better get a move on.

HT

mr parx

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 2, 2014
That looks amazing, and I never thought to try it, but now I want to.

You said you finished it at 350. Did you take it off at a particular IT?

Thanks!  

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.