Gyros

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigmikey14

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 2, 2016
Made a Brazilian gaucho skewer and the first cook was a boneless leg of lamb. Seasoned with Tatonka Dust, smoked at 225 for about 90 minutes then finished at 350.

9ad55004b4ed92be19ce019d245e43c1.jpg

92abd981ba7812ae587920e86304015e.jpg

ec6e2c5fb4b57c003b3864c8cf80d303.jpg

410d3365bc0a3932e737ca3b666b59ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Man that looks amazing!...JJ

Oh my God that looks good!

Point to you Sir!

Congrats on making the carousel!

BTW I moved this to lamb.

Al

drool.gif

points1.png
    I love that stuff..... And yours looks great..... Can't get a decent Gyro out here...  Great job.... Care to share the recipe????

Looks Fantastic, great job  Mmmmm !!  
drool.gif

points1.png

Gary

Yum yum we can't get a decent gyros down here either, I got turned on to those when I went to Crete for a live fire missel exercise thanks for posting

Look great and a nice job on the cook. Could you share the type of wood you used, and if you did any thing besides the tatonka dust? I will be trying this when it gets warm. And again in the fall when the lambs get bigger.

PABEEF

I didn't do anything to the meat besides Tatonka Dust. I didn't decide to do the gyros until after I put it on. Went to the store and grabbed the gyro stuff while it was cooking. I used a mix of cherry and pecan

What type of season is tatonka dust?
I wondered same thing and googled it. No longer made at this time. They lost a supplier of one of the ingredients so they arent making it any more.  owensbbq.com
Marty and Tanya are finding a new "seasoning company" to make their special mix...  he says in a few months it should be back in stock...

That looks amazing, and I never thought to try it, but now I want to.

You said you finished it at 350. Did you take it off at a particular IT?

Thanks!  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky