Ground jerky with Dales seasoning

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jaxon2

Original poster
Jan 3, 2015
In the past I've made whole muscle jerky using Dale's steak seasoning. I'm interested in trying it with ground jerky. Anybody ever tried it? How much liquid marinade per pound of meat? Any feedback would be appreciated.

I would try small test runs with different ratios 1:1, 2:1, 3:1 and so on. Find what you like best. Dales is pretty salty. Everyone's pallet is different.
A fry test wont tell much from the moisture content in the meat.

My 2 cents
Boykjo

Reactions: jaxon2
That is a good question, cause I only make ground jerky, cause I don’t like to chew all day long. I would like to hear from the jerky guru’s on converting a whole meat jerky recipe to a ground meat version. I use cure #1 in my jerky so that would go by the weight of the meat, but what about the marinade or spice blend?
I will be following this!
Al

I season with the same amount of spices or just a little more than I would use for hamburgers or meatloaf.
And I don't use a lot of liquid seasoning because it will take too long to dry. I even bought some powdered worchestershire sauce for ground jerky.
Jerkyholic website has a section on ground meat jerky and I use his rolled out method rather than a jerky gun.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky