Former Member

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Craig had a visitor!
kitty1.jpg
kitty2.jpg
kitty3.jpg

Cat therapy!

Thanks for posting this Pops, I remember Craig well. I'm sure glad he's beating the odds.

Today's posting from Sissi on fb:

Sissi Wedgwood checked in to Chautauqua Rehabilitation and Nursing Center with Craig Wedgwood and Boone Garvey.
2 hrs · DeFuniak Springs, FL ·
Boone and I were at Chautaqua bright and early today to learn how to transport Craig from wheelchair to the car. Craig and Boone did great.

I had a little trouble getting the wheelchair in the back. Boone breezed right through it.

After that lesson, Boone and I took Craig to the optometrist for the vision problems he’s having. We had good news there. Craig only has “slight” nerve damage in his right eye from the stroke. It may or may not be temporary. But most of the issues can be corrected with his new prescription for glasses.

They’re letting Craig come home tomorrow for July 4th. He has to be back tomorrow night.

Oh and the biggest news - he had a hamburger for lunch. They’ve upgraded him to a Level 3 mechanical diet. He was so tired of eating mush. I can’t say what he calls it.
1f923.png

From Sissi:
Sissi Wedgwood is with Craig Wedgwood.
3 hrs ·
Craig came home for a visit today.

Who would have known that taking a poop in his own bathroom could make a man so doggone happy?

That and home-cooked food - even if it was put through the food processor first.

We watched Goodfellas for the 400th time while kitty sat in his lap.

He was happy and very tired when we took him back tonight.

Reactions: DanMcG and mike5051
That is great, Sissi! We all wish him a great recovery!

That is a great good news story. Glad to hear some good things in life happening with the state of things these days..

Sissi and Craig got hit with a tornado in the panhandle the day they brought Craig home. Their electricity has been restored now, lots of tree damage, their greenhouse damaged.

Sissi bought him a new recliner with wooden arms so he can push himself up, hard to find!

chair.jpg

Craig... "YOU GO BROTHER" ... Lets get together soon and do a cook... Would love to see ya'll at another S. Fl. Gathering.... (Psssstttt... Bring Pop's with ya)...

Pop's thanks BUb.... for keeping us up to date... Hope Craig get's to read this...

Craig is back in the hospital with renal failure caused by contrast dye when given a cat scan. They put a stent in and it appears to be working well. He had two very large kidney stones that are too big to pass so they need to blast them with sound to break them down. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for updates Pop... sad to see the setbacks... But knowing/seeing how strong he is... he'll be back... prayers are still going out for him/family ...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky