We Lost another Member today....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So tough to loose a loved one Keith. Feel for you and the family. Y'all are in my prayers!

Sorry for you and your family's loss Keith! Glad you got to spend some time with him before it was too late! Im sure that meant a lot to him and you! Thoughts and prayers for you and your family during this time!

My deepest condolences to you and your family during this difficult time. May your Uncle's memory be a source of strength and peace for you and your family.

My deepest condolences on your loss. I know it's never easy losing a close family member or friend.
May he rest in peace ✌️

My Uncle passed away this afternoon. He is the one I have been making wine with. A lot of you may not know him. He is also the one that introduced me to SMF. He did not post much, but spent time here learning about smoking through the archives. Here is his post on the get to know you thread:

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...h-your-screen-name.58365/page-88#post-1353954

View attachment 686549

He had been in a lot of pain the last year with multiple health issues. It all finally caught up with him. He died peacefully with his immediate family near-by. I'm glad I was able to spend so much time with him the last year or so. We had a lot of laughs, made some wine, whined about some spilled wine, and enjoyed a good many bottles together cooking and fiddling with projects only an old man could dream up. R.I.P. Unlce Noon, you will be missed....
Sorry for your loss. RIP to a good man, and peace to your family.

Also sorry for your loss. We have all needed bbq mentors at some point in our lives.
Looks like he enjoyed some pretty fine wines. I hope the two of you shared some bordeaux & memories.

Also sorry for your loss. We have all needed bbq mentors at some point in our lives.
Looks like he enjoyed some pretty fine wines. I hope the two of you shared some bordeaux & memories.
Thanks Mneeley. He had the best taste in wine, and left behind a lot of really good bottles in his cellar. The family has decided to do an annual memorial wine tasting every year on his birthday with the bottles left in his cellar.

I had been working with my Uncle on planning a port tasting. He bought the port tongs and we did 3 trial runs to try the tongs out. My only disappointment is that we did not have it before he passed on.

• Sad
Reactions: Culinary Otter
Very sorry for your loss Keith, never easy losing a loved one even when you know it’s coming! Sounds like you have great memories to cherish!

He had the best taste in wine, and left behind a lot of really good bottles in his cellar. The family has decided to do an annual memorial wine tasting every year on his birthday with the bottles left in his cellar.
That is awesome! Glad everyone is on board to keep his memory alive and going!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky