• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First Time Smoking Cheese (With Pics)

K9BIGDOG

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 7, 2017
I would love to try this. How long do you smoke it for? I'm wondering how much smoke penetration you get into say a 2lb. block of cheese and how to make the smoke flavor be even through the entire block? Or is it better to just use smaller blocks?

uncle eddie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 14, 2016
Very nice looking smoked cheese and meals with them! Like!

73saint

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 8, 2017
Cheese looks terrific. I have a pile of cheddar and Gouda, we love the stuff!

pi guy

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 28, 2013
I would love to try this. How long do you smoke it for? I'm wondering how much smoke penetration you get into say a 2lb. block of cheese and how to make the smoke flavor be even through the entire block? Or is it better to just use smaller blocks?
I went with 3 hours for this particular smoke. For the 2lb. blocks I cut them into four 8 oz pieces. I got a tip on another thread to keep them uniform in size as much as possible. I got great smoke penetration throughout those 8 oz pieces.

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Nice haul of cheese! And congrats on the carousel ride.

I always smoke enough cheese during the winter to make sure I have it for burgers in the summer!

pi guy

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 28, 2013
Nice haul of cheese! And congrats on the carousel ride.

I always smoke enough cheese during the winter to make sure I have it for burgers in the summer!
Thanks, I was so excited to get a ride, I was showing it off to my family like I won an award or something LOL. I think I'll take advantage of any cool days we have in the fall and winter to stock up for next summer.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.