First Time Smoking Cheese (With Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I would love to try this. How long do you smoke it for? I'm wondering how much smoke penetration you get into say a 2lb. block of cheese and how to make the smoke flavor be even through the entire block? Or is it better to just use smaller blocks?

I would love to try this. How long do you smoke it for? I'm wondering how much smoke penetration you get into say a 2lb. block of cheese and how to make the smoke flavor be even through the entire block? Or is it better to just use smaller blocks?
I went with 3 hours for this particular smoke. For the 2lb. blocks I cut them into four 8 oz pieces. I got a tip on another thread to keep them uniform in size as much as possible. I got great smoke penetration throughout those 8 oz pieces.

Reactions: K9BIGDOG
Nice haul of cheese! And congrats on the carousel ride.

I always smoke enough cheese during the winter to make sure I have it for burgers in the summer!

Nice haul of cheese! And congrats on the carousel ride.

I always smoke enough cheese during the winter to make sure I have it for burgers in the summer!
Thanks, I was so excited to get a ride, I was showing it off to my family like I won an award or something LOL. I think I'll take advantage of any cool days we have in the fall and winter to stock up for next summer.

Reactions: xray
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky