First Brisket!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

xxsmokedoutxx

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 27, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I finally have the time and money to do it, so I bought a 8.3lbs Brisket, a pork butt, a rack of babyback ribs, and a couple of different sausages from the butcher shop today. Also, I'm going to make some ABTs, potato salad, and some corn on the cob. I made up my rub, which starts off with SPOG and goes in different directions for each cut. Prepped the brisket by trimming the excess fat down to about 1/4 inch, covered in mustard, and set my rub. I also decided to try making @SoFlaQuer's finishing sauce, for the pulled pork, and a Memphis style BBQ sauce for everything. Got a great deal on some Mesquite and Pecan, but I'm going to decide in the morning which one I would like to use. I recently picked up an iGrill2, which I'm stoked to try out for the first time. It's been quite awhile since it's been cool enough here in Phoenix to comfortably Q, so needless to say, I'm super excited for tomorrow! I will post after pics when it's all done!

So yesterday was a complete success! My first brisket came out perfectly tender with an awesome smoke ring. The flavor was unreal! I'm glad I decided to use as much room in my smoker as possible.

My pork butt was super moist and pulled apart fairly easily. The finishing sauce from @SoFlaQuer was really tasty, too!

My babyback ribs had just enough pull, and the meat just kind of melted the moment you started to eat it. I also made some ABTs with cream cheese, chipotle gouda, and white cheddar with some amazing applewood bacon I picked up from the butcher shop, as well.

I also made some Sicilian Sausages and jalapeño cheddar Sausages, so I could have some lunch during my cook. I'll have to work on my timing a bit. Some of them were perfect, but a few were a little more done than I would've liked, but they still tasted great. I'll have to get the pictures from my friend's phone, so I can post them.

I would like to give another thanks to @khuhner for the Memphis BBQ sauce recipe that you posted on here. It's really an amazing sauce. I usually like something really spicy, but I was wanting something my lady would like too. I was blown away by the flavor, and can see a lot more of it being made in the future.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky