• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Experimental Fillings in Fatties

tiffany186

Joined Sep 21, 2013
Hey All !

Just took two fatties out of my smoker....one filled with a homemade cranberry/apple (plus raisins & mardarin oranges) compote and one filled with a layer of Mex-seasoned "refried" baked beans and a layer of pico de gallo.  Seasoned the pork differently for each one.  Cranberry got cloves, pumpkin pie spice and a little sprinkling of 'rub' and the Mex got garlic, cilantro paste, 'rub', S & P, and some BBQ seasoning. Both covered with same dry

rub before smoking. Also pictured are BBQ chicken thighs.  Will let you know how they taste!  

eman

Rest in peace. Lost but not forgotten!!
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Nice looking fatties! The good thing about a fatty is that there is no wrong stuffing.

tiffany186

Joined Sep 21, 2013
Thanks!  You are right about no wrong stuffings!  These were totally different, but both totally delicious!!

pgsmoker64

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 23, 2010
Sounds great!

I would love to see the inside of those fatties!

Bill

tiffany186

Joined Sep 21, 2013
Thanks, Bill!  I only cut off one little end on each for a quick taste.  They are vacuum packed now in the freezer for an upcoming party in a few weeks.  When that happens, I will post some pics!  

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.