Emeril 360 Air Fryer Decision

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
So yesterday I'm watching TV while keeping an eye on my TP-20 for the corned beef I've got smoking on the Weber when the wife pulls into the driveway with a 360 air fryer in the back seat of her car, she said "I thought you'd like one and would use it". So now there's a box sitting on the dining room table waiting for me to decide if I want to open it or have it brought back to the store. I just don't know what I'd ever cook on one. I don't ever do chicken wings, and fry thighs in oil or do them on the Weber. I make pizza in the oven. We have a Ronco Showtime 4000 Rotisserie. Of course we've got a microwave. It just seems like something that'll sit and take up space, not get used much. RAY

I'm with you. Not something I'd get much use out of. Now the conundrum........hows the wife gonna take to you not wanting something she was so sure you'd use? Lol

Reactions: sawhorseray
I used mine again last night . Use it at least 4 times a week . Reheats way better than the microwave .
Did a pork tenderloin 2 days ago . Just in the basket , comes out great . The fried chicken recipe is really good . I love mine .

Well Ray,
I understand where you're coming from on this.
Last October, my wife wanted an airfryer. We too have limited counter space after downsizing houses a couple of years ago. So, I asked my wife, "where are we going to keep an airfyer?"
Thus began the search.
Then I stumbled across the 360 and another brand, Cosori.
To make a long story short, I pulled the trigger for the Cosori and haven't looked back.
This little airfyer/toaster oven out performs our top of line convection oven.
We use it all of our baking, making toast, and frying, etc.
I love how frozen french fries turn out.
Plus, it doesn't heat up the damn kitchen!

Yup ,,, I started doing hand cut from Yukon golds ,,, man they're so good , but makes great frozen potato products .

That's for sure.
Since I am the only one who still eats potatos, I can pop them into the airfryer instead of heating up the big oven.
And your right about the airfryer being way better to reheat things than the microwave.

Keep It, Ray----You'll Love it !!
Start with these:
Emeril's Power Air Fryer 360:

Sweet!! AS soon as I started reading Ray's post I thought of you Bear and all the things you've done with your 360. I don't use mine as much as some folks but I'm starting to expand over time. We are now into Spring though so almost all of my cooking will be done outside. That's not to say I can't take my 360 out and set it on the counter next to the grill. I gotta chime in with Bear though. Once you start using it you'll find more and more things to use it for. All of a sudden you'll be asking yourself where it's been your whole life.

Robert

I guess I'm going to have to watch Emeril on his infomercials. The jury is out, it can sit there till I make up my mind. It's just something I can't see getting much use out of, I like to cook with pots and pans, and oil and make a mess, I might make frozen steak fries twice a month with a burger. I eat a lot of yams and asparagus for sides, I'll see what Emeril has to say about that. RAY

Yeah, I sent mine back. Too much concern about cooking on formica counters and having a lot of clearance around the outside as the it gets really hot. I don't have a lot of space in the kitchen as it is and that thing just takes up too much of it.

Yeah, I'm starting to feel things might be better off if I just keep it and never use it, or try to find something to make on it once in a while. Thanks for the input guys, the "ayes" have it! RAY

Ray,
If your outlet is in the wall behind the fryer, be careful when reaching back there when it's hot.
I burned my forearm years ago on the top of my Toaster Oven, and I think this one gets a little hotter on top than my toaster oven did.

Bear

Ray ,If your outlet is in the wall behind the fryer, be careful when reaching back there when it's hot. I burned my forearm years ago on the top of my Toaster Oven, and I think this one gets a little hotter on top than my toaster oven did .Bear.

Thanks John, that's one of the things I was warning my wife about, those air fryers get hot. She didn't seem to care, and why would she, I do all the cooking. At least she got a good price, I think it was $140 OTD. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky