Deviled Eggs | for weight loss:

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

usamaahmed

Original poster
Nov 13, 2021
Simple is the key word here. This is the kind of recipe that you can whip up when you're in a rush. Ten minutes are the ideal time for boiling eggs, if they're moderate in size. Anything larger and you'll risk that the center will not be cooked. Cook the eggs until they are cool. Peel them and cut lengthwise. put the yolk in an empty bowl. Add mayonnaise, just enough so that it's smooth. Start with a tiny amount, and you'll be able to increase the amount. Scoop the egg's creamy yolk out of the egg, and sprinkle a little paprika over. Cool and then enjoy.

3 Ingredients

• Eggs
  • Mayo
  • Paprika

Reactions: kruizer
Simple is the key word here. This is the kind of recipe that you can whip up when you're in a rush. Ten minutes are the ideal time for boiling eggs, if they're moderate in size. Anything larger and you'll risk that the center will not be cooked. Cook the eggs until they are cool. Peel them and cut lengthwise. put the yolk in an empty bowl. Add mayonnaise, just enough so that it's smooth. Start with a tiny amount, and you'll be able to increase the amount. Scoop the egg's creamy yolk out of the egg, and sprinkle a little paprika over. Cool and then enjoy.

3 Ingredients

• Eggs
  • Mayo
  • Paprika
"Cook the eggs until they are cool".
Have I been doing things wrong all this time? :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

Try adding a little finely chopped onion, sweet pickle relish, dijon mustard, white pepper, horseradish mixed into the yokes and top them with finely chopped parsley then dust with sweet paprika the next time you make these.

I bet you'll never go back.

Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: chef jimmyj
If you are going for weight loss / health then I'd skip any store-bought mayo and make it from scratch. You'll be hard-pressed to find a mayo in a grocery store that isn't using soy, canola, or other low quality vegetables for the oil base. That stuff is hell on your body. But, if you make your own mayo from healthier fats like avocado or olive oil then you'll be in good shape!

If you're lazy just buy and use Duke's or imported(Not domestic) Kewpie mayo. Not as good as possible with home made but Far easier. What you need to avoid most of all is the sugar in most domestic mayos. The type of oil is a lesser concern.

I like deviled eggs, but never in a weight loss frame of mind. Usually I like to add some anchovies to mine. Welcome to the forums

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky