Beverly B's Deviled Eggs (Att, BrianGSDTexoma )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

one eyed jack

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 11, 2014
Coastal NC
This recipe came to me as a "pinch of this dash of that" list.

The backstory is that I was at my brother and sister in laws several years ago for a ceremony of my Moms passing. Bev is my sister in laws Mom and brought deviled eggs. I commented that they were the best deviled eggs I'd had and she offered to email the recipe.

This is my current version of that recipe.

This mix is for 6 eggs and I use Jumbo eggs.

2TBS Mayo (I use Hellmanns) In Beverly's email she mentioned that she sometimes uses yogurt or sour cream instead of mayo.

1TBS Rice Vinegar (Been using seasoned as that's what I've got on hand)
2tsp White Sugar
1tsp Turmeric
1/8 tsp (approx) salt (Fine grnd sea salt)
Sprinkle with smoked Paprika

The rest I will resort to pictures for.

DSC01273.jpg

DSC01274.jpg
DSC01276.jpg

DSC01282.jpg

Last edited:

The backstory is that I was at my brother and sister in laws several years ago for a ceremony of my Moms passing. Bev is my sister in laws Mom and brought deviled eggs. I commented that they were the best deviled eggs I'd had and she offered to email the recipe.

2TBS Mayo (I use Hellmanns) In Beverly's email she mentioned that she sometimes uses yogurt or sour cream instead of mayo.

2tsp White Sugar
1tsp Turmeric
1/8ysp (approx) salt (Fine grnd sea salt)

View attachment 628554

View attachment 628555 View attachment 628556
View attachment 628557
looks great, I use a pastry bag with a wide tip to swill in the filling.

Those look awesome . Love me some deviled eggs .
I'd need way more than six though . I'm saving this one .

Looks like the yolks were pretty well centered . Was that planned ? I knew a gal that used to leave them in the carton , flip them over and leave it over night . Always came close to being centered .
What's with the plastic spoon ?

Reactions: one eyed jack
Looking good one eye. I’ve never maid deviled eggs but I’ll give this a go. Question guys. I figured out how to save this page but I don’t know where to retrieve it for later. Thanks.

They look scrumptious. I use anchovies for the salt when I make mine. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris
Hey Chris ,

Thanks for the point and comment. I hadn't thought to try anchovies, but I've got a can. Maybe next time.

I have added crab meat. The flavor didn't come through very strong, though.

looks great, I use a pastry bag with a wide tip to swill in the filling.
Hey Clif,

Thanks for the point. I did think about a pastry bag but had never used one for anything and thought that clean up might be easier with this injector. Don't know if that's a valid thought or not.

They look great! I love deviled eggs!

Ryan
Hey Ryan, Thanks for the comment and point. :emoji_thumbsup:

Those eggs look great from here.
It's been years since we've had deviled eggs and with your recipe that's going to change soon.
Hi 2ndhndsmkr,

Thanks for the point. I am open to your thought's if you try these.

I haven't tried a lot of deviled egg recipes and none, since I got this one.

Not saying there isn't a better recipe out there.

Those look awesome . Love me some deviled eggs .
I'd need way more than six though . I'm saving this one .

Looks like the yolks were pretty well centered . Was that planned ? I knew a gal that used to leave them in the carton , flip them over and leave it over night . Always came close to being centered .
What's with the plastic spoon ?
Thanks for the like and your comment Rich. I could eat more than this plate too, but lock the chastity belt over my mouth after a couple, or maybe a couple, couple.

No planning on the centered yolks, just luck. I noticed that they turned out pretty even but can't claim anything more than dumb luck.

Good catch on the spoon, although it is silicone. I use those for a lot of things where I need to clean up the mixing bowl. I got a good laugh on that one. I should have at least staged a picture with a wooden spoon.

I'm working on a couple out of a piece of Lignum Vitae that a pall gave me. Really sweet smelling and interesting wood. Jamaica's national tree. Ship builders used to use it for belaying pins, cuttles bearings and other high wear things.

Reactions: chopsaw and gmc2003
Looking good one eye. I’ve never maid deviled eggs but I’ll give this a go. Question guys. I figured out how to save this page but I don’t know where to retrieve it for later. Thanks.
Hey Steve, Thanks for your comment. Let me know what you think of them. Can't help on saving the thread on the forum, I add ones I want to reference as favorites on my computer.

Nice eggs. They look great. I use a zip bag with the tip of the corner snipped off to pipe the filling. Nice work.
Thanks Edge. I can't believe that I never thought to try a plastic bag. Not the first thing Ive been known to over complicate.

Nice Job, Jack!!
Love Deviled Eggs!!
They've always been Mrs Bear's job to bring hers to all the big Family gatherings we used to have.
Like.

Bear

2tsp White Sugar
1tsp Turmeric
1/8ysp (approx) salt (Fine grnd sea salt)

View attachment 628554

View attachment 628555 View attachment 628556
View attachment 628557
Looks great!! I love deviled eggs!
They look scrumptious. I use anchovies for the salt when I make mine. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris
Chris my wife made me anchovy deviled eggs once and I LOVED them. Haven’t been able to convince her to do them again.

If you used the little flag on right top of his post to bookmark,Hit the little gear at very top of page and tap bookmark. That should pull all of what you have saved/bookmarked.

Looks awesome! I could crush a plate of deviled eggs! I’ve always just googled a recipe, I’ll save this for next time, thank you! Points for some great work!

Hey Chris ,

Thanks for the point and comment. I hadn't thought to try anchovies, but I've got a can. Maybe next time.

I have added crab meat. The flavor didn't come through very strong, though.

Hey Clif,

Thanks for the point. I did think about a pastry bag but had never used one for anything and thought that clean up might be easier with this injector. Don't know if that's a valid thought or not.
I use the disposable pastry bags, I always made all my kids birthday cakes from scratch so I have cake molds all over the place along with every tip, dye and everything to finish them off. Now that they are 21 and 23 not so much any more....no more sponge Bob, fire trucks, rocking horse, ......really miss those days

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky