Beverly B's Deviled Eggs (Att, BrianGSDTexoma )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You mean you guys aren't purposely botching them? I thought we we supposed to do that so we get more samples lol! Last time I botched some I looked at my wife and said " ooopppsss", I was removed from duty! :emoji_blush:
But if you forget to serve them until all your guests leave...you get more also, not that I know personally!

Ryan

Reactions: one eyed jack
I am deviled egg fanatic, and yours look fantastic! I could eat a dozen of those!!
Al
Hi Al. Thanks for the like, and comment. I'm right there with you, I have to really exercise control not to eat them till there gone.
tx smoker tx smoker , the best method I have found for cooking and peeling is SV @ 190° for 20 mins, then ice bath. Shells normally peel in lg pieces. gmc2003 gmc2003 is right, older eggs work better.
Thanks for the SV tip Winterrider. I never even thought of SV for eggs.

Reactions: Winterrider
WOW... all these reply's and not ONE mention of cold smoking them... I LOVE them smoked...

After peeling... cut in half and leave the yoke in them... cold smoke them using sawdust... 3-6 hrs ... then mix the filling and fill.... Talk about a game changer ...

YUMMMMM YUMMMMMMM...

Reactions: jcam222
I figured out how to save this page but I don’t know where to retrieve it for later.

Steve.. what I do is go to top of any page... click on the down arrow (drop down menu) on the HOME tab.... there you will see... threads you posted... threads you replied to... watched threads, and so on....
So now that you posted in this thread... you can just click on the "Threads with your post" ...

I do dearly love Deviled Eggs and those look fantastic. My only nemesis is getting the eggs properly hard boiled. i always manage to botch them somehow. Guess I need to work on that but if I can get it down correctly, I'll be making these.

It also works great for filling manicotti, which I discovered not too long ago. Another suggestion that a friend made to me is using the jerky cannon.

Robert
We use an instapot/Casori pot (different brands) to make perfect hard boiled eggs everytime.

Hey Cliff, I have an instant pot. Would you mind describing you hard boiling procedure?
We have one too but I have never used it, my wife always does that! But if it's easier I could learn new tricks!

Ryan
This is for Casori (probably similar for instapot) 1.5 cups water 8 eggs on the steamer tray. Close/seal put on steam vegetable setting for 7 minutes.

I did find this for the instant pot

We have one too but I have never used it, my wife always does that! But if it's easier I could learn new tricks!

Ryan
Hey Ryan, My daughter convinced me to get one and I have found some pretty good recipe's for it but, for the most part, I think that they are best for busy folks with a lot of kids, or a heavy workload.

I live alone and so most of the recipe's will have me eating the same leftovers for the whole week.

If your interested check out "Pressure Luck" recipes. His Linguine with Clam sauce is pretty good and you pretty much do just throw everything in the pot and mash the go button.

Hey Ryan, My daughter convinced me to get one and I have found some pretty good recipe's for it but, for the most part, I think that they are best for busy folks with a lot of kids, or a heavy workload.

I live alone and so most of the recipe's will have me eating the same leftovers for the whole week.

If your interested check out "Pressure Luck" recipes. His Linguine with Clam sauce is pretty good and you pretty much do just throw everything in the pot and mash the go button.
Always looking for something new...we just have a small one but it works well for just my wife and I. Plus I don't mind eating leftovers when I'm busy. And if it's too much we just freeze some. Makes for quick meals down the road.

Ryan

This is for Casori (probably similar for instapot) 1.5 cups water 8 eggs on the steamer tray. Close/seal put on steam vegetable setting for 7 minutes.

I did find this for the instant pot

Thanks for the link Cliff. Judging by the pictures the method works pretty good

Always looking for something new...we just have a small one but it works well for just my wife and I. Plus I don't mind eating leftovers when I'm busy. And if it's too much we just freeze some. Makes for quick meals down the road.

Ryan
:emoji_thumbsup:

The 5-5-5 method in the instant pot works perfect for me. 5 under high pressure. 5 minutes natural pressure release. Then 5 minutes in ice water. The trick I've also learned is not to use fresh eggs. When I'm planning to hard boil eggs. I buy the eggs. And let them sit in the fridge for 3 to 4 days before using them.
All this talk about deviled eggs got me hungry for some!
My favorite is crab deviled eggs.

For those with peeling problems, I will share my method. After the ice bath, place an egg in a jar. Cover the egg about halfway with water. Put lid on jar, or cover with hand. Shake jar vigorously. Remove egg. Shell should fall off easily. been using this method for many years.

The 5-5-5 method in the instant pot works perfect for me. 5 under high pressure. 5 minutes natural pressure release. Then 5 minutes in ice water. The trick I've also learned is not to use fresh eggs. When I'm planning to hard boil eggs. I buy the eggs. And let them sit in the fridge for 3 to 4 days before using them.
All this talk about deviled eggs got me hungry for some!
My favorite is crab deviled eggs.
Crab deviled eggs? More info please

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky