Calabrian Coppas are Finished Drying

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
So, most of you know I bought a pig back in February, 2021...
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/so-i-just-bought-a-275-pig-for-100-bucks.305606/
Well the Coppas are finished drying so I pulled them out of the chamber, peeled the collagen sheet off, brushed with vinegar then rinsed with red wine. Let them dry then I sliced some. Will vac seal the rest to equalize in the fridge.

out of the chamber...
IMG_20210518_133555.jpg

netting removed...
IMG_20210518_133751.jpg

Collagen sheet removed and rinsed...
IMG_20210518_141120.jpg

The slice...
IMG_20210518_144110.jpg

I pulled out a bunch of stuff to slice for the board along with the Coppa...got a dinner party tonight...

IMG_20210518_144417.jpg

Starting top right going clockwise...
Calabrian Soppressata
Pistachio and Lemon zest Salami
Cajun Goose thigh Tasso
Calabrian Coppa in the middle
Salccica Napolitana Dolce salami
Goose/Pork Pepperoni
Finocchiona Salami
Vicentina Salami

Last edited:
Funny I’ve got that same cutting board in my stack..

I’m in Baton Rouge so on my way over !

Reactions: indaswamp
Looks mighty tasty! glad it turned out well.
Thanks zippy. These are some of my successes, though I've had some failures too.

Dang! Excellent work!
Thanks kilo...

Funny I’ve got that same cutting board in my stack..

I’m in Baton Rouge so on my way over !
Thanks SCBBQ. This board is hand crafted with the help of my uncle in his wood shop.

Truly food art! Big like.
Thanks Disco...I love exceptional food.

Mighty nice
Thanks Rick!

Now THAT'S a charcuterie board....
Thanks GS!

It all looks fantastic! I probably can't even pronounce them all properly but you sure do great work making them!

Ryan

Kudo's Inda. Gotta hand it to you, your post's are always great and the product is outstanding.

That's a good looking Coppa. Well done!
Everything looks great!
Good looking board!
You should have some happy guests!
Al
It all looks fantastic! I probably can't even pronounce them all properly but you sure do great work making them!

Ryan
That spread looks great. How dose one get on the list for one of these parties?
Wow, that all looks phenomenal!
Man.... I wouldn't expect anything less than Coppa perfection out of your shop... Good stuff...
Kudo's Inda. Gotta hand it to you, your post's are always great and the product is outstanding.

Thanks guys! The meats were a hit at the dinner!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky