Breakfast and Dinner Fatties

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

loosechangedru

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 15, 2011
Gainesville, FL
Got a couple of fatties on now. Going to my Other's family Christmas, and I'm going prepared with vacuum sealed, frozen fatties (they are several states away). One has sauteed peppers, onions, mushrooms, and garlic with provolone. The other is a blueberry pancake fatty I've seen going around: pancakes, maple syrup, blueberry cream cheese, blueberries, and pecans. I used maple sausage and maple bacon on the breakfast fatty, and Italian sausage and thick cut for the dinner fatty. Thanks for all the great ideas via SMF!

20181222_162300.jpg
20181222_163030.jpg
20181222_165531.jpg
20181222_181758.jpg

For me, not too different from how sushi mats work, just with saran wrap. Bacon's the rice, sausage is the seaweed. They even use a ziploc bag in this video. Just dont squeeze as hard with the fatty, its obviously a lot more fragile than the rice. I wrap it tight like a tootsie roll, and then refrigerate for 15 minutes to help it keep form on it's way to the smoker.

EDIT: Forgot to include the video

Lookin pretty good so far. Smoke for a couple hours at 235. I want it a little darker, so I bumped it up to 250 and I'll give it a half hour or something.

20181222_203337.jpg

Looks fantastic!
The breakfast fattie really caught my eye, great filling and the pic is excellent too.
Man I love fatties.

Top this with 3 pepper cheese, awesome.
His are rolled way nicer than mine have ever been.:oops:

Ya'll, thanks a lot! I've got to credit my Other for that picture, Chile. Walking by at the right place, right time.

Maple Syrup, I love maple syrup!
Looks good, have not done a fatty in awhile, might have to do one over the Christmas Holiday.

Man those look good, Nice job on the fatties enjoy them. I know I would.

Point for sure.
Chris

Reactions: loosechangedru
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky