Breakfast and Dinner Fatties

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oh man that looked sooooooo good. Love the fatties. Love the idea of putting pecans in it. Both looked awesome. Big LIKE on them. Please please please keep them coming.

Reactions: loosechangedru
They look awesome. I never thought of freezing them cooked . Could you tell us a little about the reheating process ?? Do you thaw completely before reheating? Suggested temperature ? Thx

They look awesome. I never thought of freezing them cooked . Could you tell us a little about the reheating process ?? Do you thaw completely before reheating? Suggested temperature ? Thx

Happy to -
From frozen, they travelled in a cooler with ice for 6 hours to a fridge, then stayed there overnight. By the next day dinner time, it was mostly thawed. I heated it at 275 for about an hour and it was hot enough. I basically wanted to simulate smoker conditions. 1.5 hours seems ideal.

I heated the other one up the same way, just 12 hours later. I made two identical fatties yesterday for another late Christmas event (stuffed a lot tighter and fuller!), I'll reheat it the same way without the 6 hour travel time and mention if it goes as well or not. A probe in it while in the oven reheating would really help, I'll probably do that this time around. I would think 165 internal temperature for reheating, but I dont know if that's overkill or not.

Reactions: pa42phigh
They reheat perfect, btw. Bacon is still as crisp as when it came out of the smoker. I vacuum seal after refrigerating, or even par-freezing. That way I dont lose any juices. I like the idea if doing as many fatties at once and then sealing and freezing. Then I can have a fatty any moment I want! Which may or may not be a good thing...

Reactions: pa42phigh
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky