Bodacious Bones Voting Poll #2 (Everybody Vote)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pick Your Favorite From Second Poll

• #12) Fire roasted beef back ribs and CSR ribs (country style ribs) fire roasted on the spit.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • #13) Mahogany Madness

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • #14) My 4th of July rib fest. 3 racks of Baby Backs on my CharGriller grand champ

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • #15) Smoked and then grilled Bison ribs Macaroni salad and egg bread

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • #16) Smoked boneless beef short ribs on a bed of cheese tortellini

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • #17) Memphis style dry baby backs smoked with pecan

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • #18) Candied baby back ribs with jalapeño cheddar cornbread chaffles “waffles”.

• #19) Bone in CSR rubbed with sweet heat rub and on the weber

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • #20) Smoked & Grill Seared and Grill Roasted 5/6 Ribs!!!

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • #21) Deployment Dinner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
All I can say is WOW!! What an amazing array of entries and a record number of them. First off, a huge thanks to all the great folks who took the time putting together their entry and sending it in. The last couple TD's have been tough to pick a winner and this one is going to be even more difficult. Due to the large number of entrants we have decided to mix this one up a bit. In the Burger Brawl some of you mentioned that it would be nice if you were able to vote twice. Well, the committee listened and you're going to get that chance for this one. We are going to break the entries down into two different polls and every forum member will get to cast one vote in each of the two polls. Only one vote per poll though, not two votes in the same poll or for the same entry. There isn't a way to set that up. The two polls / two votes as of now is just for the first round of voting for this event. We will take the top eight entries from the two polls and post another voting thread to determine the winner's. In the second round to determine the winners, you'll get one vote, as has been the norm for these events. We will address this on an event to event basis going forward so please do not think (at least not yet) that getting to vote twice is going to become the norm. It just makes sense this time. A couple of other twists here so please pay close attention. First off you will not get to see the vote count until after you have cast your vote. Secondly you will not have the option to change your vote so please pay close attention to the entries and trust your instincts.

Now to the part everybody has been waiting for. Let the voting begin for Poll 2 in the first round!!

#12) Fire roasted beef back ribs and CSR ribs (country style ribs) fire roasted on the spit. Beef ribs then braised and plated with mashed potatoes and gravy, CSR's stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. And bacon wrapped smoked spare ribs.
1689072491889.png

#13) Mahogany Madness
1689072645065.png

#14) My 4th of July rib fest. 3 racks of Baby Backs on my CharGriller grand champ. Little early because I have to work on the 4th. Best ribs I have ever made!! Hope I did this right? Smoked on Kiawe wood for 6.5hrs unwrapped
1689072778105.png

#15) Smoked and then grilled Bison ribs Macaroni salad and egg bread.
1689072880307.png

#16) Smoked boneless beef short ribs on a bed of cheese tortellini with a homemade rustic Italian tomato sauce. Dressed with shaved Parmesan cheese and parsley flakes.
1689072978544.png

#17) Memphis style dry baby backs smoked with pecan; with smoked potatoes, corn "ribs" and a rib-bon salad.
1689073047896.png

#18) Candied baby back ribs with jalapeño cheddar cornbread chaffles “waffles”.
1689073129302.png

#19) Bone in CSR rubbed with sweet heat rub and on the weber with charcoal and hickory. Finished with SBR sweet and spicy bbq sauce.
1689073203081.png

#20) Smoked & Grill Seared and Grill Roasted 5/6 Ribs!!!
1689073275781.png

#21) Deployment Dinner – A slab of Individual Baby Back ribs coated all around with a cherry habanero rub and then wrapped in bacon before a second coat of my homemade rub was added for an additional layer of deliciousness and smoked with oak and apple. There is also an added bonus of three slabs of St Louis cut spare ribs coated in my homemade rub and smoked to perfection. All the ribs were lightly coated with sauce at the finish. A side of chopped salad with homemade Italian dressing and steamed corn on the cob tops off the meal. For dessert we enjoyed cherry dump cobbler with homemade vanilla ice cream.
1689073350905.png

Well there ya have them folks. Twenty one mouth-watering entries to pick your two favorites from. Voting will close in 7 days then we post the second round of voting to determine the winners.

Robert

Last edited:
Wow! All look excellent and very creative. Voting is gonna be difficult. Congrats to all!

These all look awesome! And a great way to set up the voting for so many entries! You guys are doing an excellent job setting up the throwdowns!

Ryan

With these many entries I'm glad y'all broke it down like you have. Kinda like semifinals then finals. Lots of competition here.

Jim

There is some serious AMERICA going on in this forum! Great looking stuff fellas\gals!

Wow! All look excellent and very creative. Voting is gonna be difficult. Congrats to all!
Yes sir Mike. Once again I state that I'm sure glad I don't have to vote on this one. Wow, what a tough decision it'd be.

Robert

These all look awesome! And a great way to set up the voting for so many entries! You guys are doing an excellent job setting up the throwdowns!
Ryan,
I'm not going to speak for Chris ( gmc2003 gmc2003 ) but thanks so much for recognizing what we've attempted to do here. After a couple of successful events under our belts, bmudd14474 bmudd14474 and the admin staff have seemingly given us a lot of leeway to set these up in a manner best befitting the forum membership. Each one had posed specific issues to work through and I believe we've done the best we can working through them to make the events as best they can be.

Robert

With these many entries I'm glad y'all broke it down like you have. Kinda like semifinals then finals. Lots of competition here.
Thanks so much for recognizing that Jim. It means a lot. Please see my reply to Ryan above this one. I'd like to think we made the best decision we could based on the circumstances of there being such an amazing turnout for this one.

Robert

Reactions: JLeonard
There is some serious AMERICA going on in this forum! Great looking stuff fellas\gals!
You aren't just a'kidding!! Funny you mention this because it is EXACTLY what I noted to Chris and the admin team last week in one of our communications. The difference is that they didn't get to see the pics :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Ryan,
I'm not going to speak for Chris ( gmc2003 gmc2003 ) but thanks so much for recognizing what we've attempted to do here. After a couple of successful events under our belts, bmudd14474 bmudd14474 and the admin staff have seemingly given us a lot of leeway to set these up in a manner best befitting the forum membership. Each one had posed specific issues to work through and I believe we've done the best we can working through them to make the events as best they can be.

Robert
I think you guys are doing a great job! I feel a lot of people have no idea how much work goes on behind the scenes for events and contest to happen! Especially when it is on a volunteer basis!

I think you guys are doing a great job! I feel a lot of people have no idea how much work goes on behind the scenes for events and contest to happen! Especially when it is on a volunteer basis!
I can't tell you how much we appreciate the fact of you recognizing this. All in all though, it has not been overly difficult. Chris ( gmc2003 gmc2003 ) and I have worked together seamlessly from the start. We see eye to eye on almost everything which makes for instantaneous decisions being made when they need to be. We kinda take turns switching up some of the roles (some remain constant though) just for the fun of it and we somewhat take turns deciding on the theme. For these though, I'll defer to Chris for the most part. Believe it or not the most difficult aspect is trying to be proactive, anticipate potential issues in advance, and plan for them before they become real problems. This TD certainly had a few stumbling blocks to overcome :emoji_laughing: No telling what the next one will bring but hopefully it'll be as good or maybe even better than this one.

Robert

No squirrel ribs posted, but some I wouldn't have thought of.

Chris

wow, these are all amazing. i don't even have any words, because i'm so hungry now! and, yea, kudos to the organizers. i'd offer to help, but y'all seem to have it in hand!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky