Bacon 6 ways

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Spenny

Original poster
Apr 4, 2018
First time poster long time creeper. I have been doing bacon for a couple of years with some success. I decided it was time to try to add some flavour to my bacon and ended up going a little crazy

View media item 553659The flavors are: maple (my usual), savory, raspberry chipotle, bourbon, espresso, and jalapeno lime. I will update once they are done.

Speny,

Good luck with your bacon adventure. A friend of mine raises cattle & hogs and sells his meat in a local store he built on the farm. About a year ago he had some raseberry/chipotle bacon and gave me some to try out. Can’t say I was a fan. To put there for me. Guess I don’t think bacon needs to be messed with. It’s just about perfect on it own. That said I think other flavors will complement it more than raseberry. I’m interested in your bourbon bacon.

Good luck,
Scott

It sure is long past! Everything turned out awesome. Bourbon is to die for, as is the maple. Savoury is good and both the raspberry chipotle and jalapeño lime turned out much better then expected a little heat but not overpowering. The espresso tastes good but nothing like I thought it would.

We need recipes! Especially the bourbon one! I have no shortage of bourbon!

Attachments

• IMG_20180304_195128112.jpg
    IMG_20180304_195128112.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 40
We need recipes! Especially the bourbon one! I have no shortage of bourbon!
Holy Moley! I thought I had a decent bourbon collection until I saw yours.
But I am in agreement, Spenny; we need to see that bourbon bacon recipe!

Can you please tell me how you added the lime to the bacon? I've made a chipotle bacon before would like to add lime to it, but I don't know about adding lime juice. Any tips? Thanks.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky