1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Bacon 6 ways

Discussion in 'Hot Smoked Bacon' started by Spenny, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Spenny

Spenny Newbie

First time poster long time creeper. I have been doing bacon for a couple of years with some success. I decided it was time to try to add some flavour to my bacon and ended up going a little crazy

The flavors are: maple (my usual), savory, raspberry chipotle, bourbon, espresso, and jalapeno lime. I will update once they are done.

2. I’m in for the results! Have you tried crazy flavors before or is this a giant experiment?

ETA: Don’t forget pics!

3. hillbillyrkstr

hillbillyrkstr Master of the Pit Group Lead

Speny,

Good luck with your bacon adventure. A friend of mine raises cattle & hogs and sells his meat in a local store he built on the farm. About a year ago he had some raseberry/chipotle bacon and gave me some to try out. Can’t say I was a fan. To put there for me. Guess I don’t think bacon needs to be messed with. It’s just about perfect on it own. That said I think other flavors will complement it more than raseberry. I’m interested in your bourbon bacon.

Good luck,
    Scott

4. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out!
    Al

5. Spenny

Spenny Newbie

Bacon is finished!!
    Now the hard part gotta let it rest till next weekend

6. nanuk

nanuk Smoking Fanatic ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Hey.... Weekend is LONG past...

How'd it turn out?

7. Spenny

Spenny Newbie

It sure is long past! Everything turned out awesome. Bourbon is to die for, as is the maple. Savoury is good and both the raspberry chipotle and jalapeño lime turned out much better then expected a little heat but not overpowering. The espresso tastes good but nothing like I thought it would.

8. cpfitness

cpfitness Fire Starter

We need recipes! Especially the bourbon one! I have no shortage of bourbon!

Attached Files:

9. mneeley490

mneeley490 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Holy Moley! I thought I had a decent bourbon collection until I saw yours.
    But I am in agreement, Spenny; we need to see that bourbon bacon recipe!