Baby Backs on the Mini

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kbuckeye

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 18, 2015
South Carolina
Haven't fired up the mini for a couple months. Decided some Baby Backs were in order.

Mini is rolling with Royal Oak lump and hickory chips. Chips are not working great. They burn too fast. I have it noted to start using chunks.
Shooting for a pit temp of 225-250.

Side note: I tried the side light method, popularized by dirtsailor2003. Incredibly easy and fast.

The slab I'm working with.
Rubbed down with Mccormicks Memphis BBQ rub.
Just put on the mini. Using steel skewers to keep the rack intact. I got this idea from a post by Dutch, I believe.

Last edited:
Those look tasty,you may like rotisserie style ribs as well more of a roasted style from the fat basting them.

Thank you all. First ribs that I have ever smoked. They exceeded my expectations. The only way to get better is to listen to others and smoke lots of meat.

Kevin

Nice one Kevin!  Nothing wrong with using what you have though and experimenting with that! I would be willing to bet you will learn to like bark a lot better once you start using chunks instead of chips.

Nice one Kevin!  Nothing wrong with using what you have though and experimenting with that! I would be willing to bet you will learn to like bark a lot better once you start using chunks instead of chips.

Maybe so. I'll keep tweaking until I get what I want. Thanks for the kind words.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky