Amish Mustard Eggs ...My Mom said to share this with you guys...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
HalfSmoked HalfSmoked I Just did my first batch, as a pre Christmas tester. the liquid doesn’t totally cover my eggs, does that matter?
Give it a shake/tumble every day to rotate the eggs in the brine. Or just add some 50/50 vinegar water mix to cover the eggs. It won't change the flavor enough to notice.

Reactions: Jabiru
HalfSmoked HalfSmoked I Just did my first batch, as a pre Christmas tester. the liquid doesn’t totally cover my eggs, does that matter?

Not sure unless it is from the jar size never had that problem maybe you cooked to long and it condensed. As said by Braz add a mix of water and vinegar. Keep shaking everyday for about a week and you will be fine.

Warren

Reactions: Jabiru
I love deviled eggs! My Mamaw, (favorite person in the world) got me hooked on them many, many years ago when I was a young kid. Read this recipe to my wife and we both agreed we need to give this one a shot. Thanks for sharing.

Hawing It
Go for it you will like them although they are pickled eggs they do have a taste of deviled eggs and they are supper easy to do. The wait is the worst part.

Warren

...she said if you like pickled eggs, you will loooooove these!

AMISH MUSTARD EGGS

Boil and Peel 12 eggs and put into a heat proof container.

4 Tablespoons yellow mustard
2/3 cup of sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup white vinegar
3/4 cup water
2 drops of yellow food coloring

Mix all ingrediants in saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring almost constantly.

Pour sauce over eggs.

Let cool.

Put container in Fridge for 72 hours to let eggs absorb the sauce.

Mom swears you will eat the whole dozen. They will remind you of pickled deviled eggs!

I'm going to try this.

lisacsco glad you posted this there have been so many replies. Sorry if you feel I took over your thread. But they are amazing and so easy to make. Some in my fridge right now. Again thanks for the post.

kelbro you will not be sorry and they are so easy to do.

Warren

Well we tasted our batch last night (Been in Jar for about 5 days) with a Salmon salad, the verdict, YUM, very tasty and will make this a regular item in our Fridge. My missus was a bit reluctant but when I cut through and tasted she was like - WOW.

I used Hot English Mustard and was bit concerned that they would be a bit hot, but no they were perfect.

Thanks again for sharing your Mom's recipe.

I finally got the chance to make these pickled eggs and they are wonderful!
Summer Sausage, crackers and these heavenly treats make a great snack!
FD853C77-C244-458A-A669-FE2B6746FA65.jpeg

I am always looking for the next best pickled egg recipe, I usually make a gallon or 1/2 gallon at a time and these sound like a winner.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky