• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Amish Mustard Eggs ...My Mom said to share this with you guys...

dons2346

Fire Starter
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 6, 2008
Just tasted my first batch of eggs and only ate 3 the first go around. Pretty tasty so I have another doz in the making The wife hates boiled eggs but she did like the onions.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
I finally got around to trying these Eggs!

Here's my Post: amish-mustard-eggs.302346

Pretty Darn Good. It didn't penetrate into the egg, like my Pickled Red-Beat Eggs do, but they tasted Great !!

Bear

Here's one with some Ham & Home-Fries:
IMG_6129.jpeg

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Same here Bear it doesn't penetrate the egg but wow what flavor.

Warren

dons2346

Fire Starter
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 6, 2008
My first batch didn't last long so another batch was in order. I didn't have enough French mustard so I substituted a tablespoon of some designer mustard the wife likes. All I can say is, don't do it! A lot of the mustard flavor is lost and they aren't as good.

Jabiru

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 5, 2019
Up to batch number 10 of these beauties, just boiling up another now.

These are so good.

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Yup they are a great snack and so easy to do. Need to do more myself.

Warren

ritchierich

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 15, 2014

...she said if you like pickled eggs, you will loooooove these!

AMISH MUSTARD EGGS

Boil and Peel 12 eggs and put into a heat proof container.

4 Tablespoons yellow mustard
2/3 cup of sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup white vinegar
3/4 cup water
2 drops of yellow food coloring

Mix all ingrediants in saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring almost constantly.

Pour sauce over eggs.

Let cool.

Put container in Fridge for 72 hours to let eggs absorb the sauce.

Mom swears you will eat the whole dozen. They will remind you of pickled deviled eggs!
Just did my first batch!!! Thank you!!

Attachments

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
I'm not sure when this post resurfaced but it has live a long revived like and now you too will be hooked.
If it looks like the sauce is separating just shake the jar. After a few times it will stop separating.

Warren

forktender

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
I made up the brine yesterday for 40 eggs, and it was WAY too sweet for me, so I added more vinegar and water and still wasn't thrilled with it. So I switched gears and converted it over to bread and butter brine by adding more salt, turmeric, saffron, shaved garlic slices, thinly sliced Jap's seeds and all, a sprig of fresh dill, black peppercorns, sliced onion both red and white and pickling spices. Man does it taste and smell amazing I can't wait a week to try these "F" bombs= fart bombs. I have a feeling they are going to be epic gas filled delights by themselves and in macaroni and potato salads.:emoji_mask::emoji_joy:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.