Amish Mustard Eggs ...My Mom said to share this with you guys...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just tasted my first batch of eggs and only ate 3 the first go around. Pretty tasty so I have another doz in the making The wife hates boiled eggs but she did like the onions.

I finally got around to trying these Eggs!

Here's my Post: amish-mustard-eggs.302346

Pretty Darn Good. It didn't penetrate into the egg, like my Pickled Red-Beat Eggs do, but they tasted Great !!

Bear

Here's one with some Ham & Home-Fries:
IMG_6129.jpeg

Reactions: Jabiru
My first batch didn't last long so another batch was in order. I didn't have enough French mustard so I substituted a tablespoon of some designer mustard the wife likes. All I can say is, don't do it! A lot of the mustard flavor is lost and they aren't as good.

Reactions: Bearcarver

...she said if you like pickled eggs, you will loooooove these!

AMISH MUSTARD EGGS

Boil and Peel 12 eggs and put into a heat proof container.

4 Tablespoons yellow mustard
2/3 cup of sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup white vinegar
3/4 cup water
2 drops of yellow food coloring

Mix all ingrediants in saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring almost constantly.

Pour sauce over eggs.

Let cool.

Put container in Fridge for 72 hours to let eggs absorb the sauce.

Mom swears you will eat the whole dozen. They will remind you of pickled deviled eggs!
Just did my first batch!!! Thank you!!

Attachments

• 0B37BFEF-135B-4202-983F-8CB2947BA5BE.jpeg
    0B37BFEF-135B-4202-983F-8CB2947BA5BE.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 22
I'm not sure when this post resurfaced but it has live a long revived like and now you too will be hooked.
If it looks like the sauce is separating just shake the jar. After a few times it will stop separating.

Warren

I made up the brine yesterday for 40 eggs, and it was WAY too sweet for me, so I added more vinegar and water and still wasn't thrilled with it. So I switched gears and converted it over to bread and butter brine by adding more salt, turmeric, saffron, shaved garlic slices, thinly sliced Jap's seeds and all, a sprig of fresh dill, black peppercorns, sliced onion both red and white and pickling spices. Man does it taste and smell amazing I can't wait a week to try these "F" bombs= fart bombs. I have a feeling they are going to be epic gas filled delights by themselves and in macaroni and potato salads.:emoji_mask::emoji_joy:

Last edited:
These things are sooo good. Don’t look the most appetizing but they are awesome. I made this batch on Labor Day and they still tasted great last night. A little salt and pepper and man they are good. I normally don’t care for hard boiled eggs. Thanks for the recipe. Worth the price of membership just for this recipe

Attachments

• 088A1E5E-A223-4E80-ACAC-493DD3A73AF9.jpeg
    088A1E5E-A223-4E80-ACAC-493DD3A73AF9.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 10
Bumping an oldie but goodie for some of the newer members. I was just given a bunch of nice clean one gallon glass pickle jars. They are going to make amazing jars for ferments but last night my mind went straight to these mustard eggs. Fit 4 dozen in one jar. I subbed in Splenda for the sugar.
PXL_20230628_234204636-01.jpeg

Bumping an oldie but goodie for some of the newer members. I was just given a bunch of nice clean one gallon glass pickle jars. They are going to make amazing jars for ferments but last night my mind went straight to these mustard eggs. Fit 4 dozen in one jar. I subbed in Splenda for the sugar. View attachment 669069
Hey, thanks for dragging this up, I'm gonna give them a try. They might be ready for the Fourth!

Forgot about these from several years ago. Thanks for opening the thread again.

I just happen to have a neighbor that recently enlarged his flock and is selling big ones. I have it on the list for putting them together tomorrow and will report back in a few days.

I hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th of July Holiday.

Reactions: jcam222
I made a batch of these several years ago. They weren't a big hit at our place, so never made them again. Now, after reading all the comments, I'm thinking they would probably be really good in a potato salad. Gonna make a batch and try that.
Gary
I've thought about actually turning a few into deviled eggs too.

Reactions: 801driver
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky