Added to a thread and it didn't come up?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ribrib

Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Muskegon, MI
I just added to my roll call thread with pictures and it didn't show up. What happened to it? I saw a message flash that said Moderators must review the post before it will show up. Is that going to happen every time?

Please advise.

Thanks,

RibRib

Some posts from new members are sent for moderators approval this is meant to try to cut down on spammers please don't take it personally. Certain words or quotes or actions will cause it to trigger I will go take care of it now sorry for the inconvenience but it honestly helps keep the site from being spammed as much but sometimes our good members posts get caught in it

It's there now. I guess I'm not very patient. Still wondering though, will it have to be reviewed by a moderator every time I post pictures?

Edit: I thought it was something like that. I am happy to see you guys are keeping it clean. I have seen other forums get real messy due to no oversight.

No problem, keep up the good work!!

Thanks again,

RibRib

Well yes and no
biggrin.gif
the filter may pick up on it for the first x amount of posts then it will no longer be filtered. I don't want to say how many posts x is but trust me it won't be many I hope you can understand why admin has set it up this way its kind of a pain for you and us but it seems to work well

Pineywoods - No problem, Its a lot better than at another forum where they require 50 posts until you can post a picture or url.

RibRib

What he said cause he's one of theose guys. But he one of the good ones. lol

I just tried posting a bunch of stuff from my weekend BBQ under the Pork category and was told I have insufficient permissions. What do I have to do to get permission to put up a post?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky