Man I on a Bad Cooking Roll and Hand

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
My left hand been really painful this week. This doctor thing taking forever. Finally got to see doctor after 3 month wait and he ordered X-Rays and a visit to Neurologist. Got X-Rays done but still no word from Neurologist to make appt. Called Doctor yesterday and was hard getting anyone to talk to, just mailbox full messages. Final got a hold of someone and they said will send another message. Tried to get them to send in some pain med but no dice. It is feeling better this morning.

I been on a bad cooking roll. Everything I been making not turning out good. My pulled pork came out dry. My green chile stew was nasty and now my chuck roast is tough! It came apart like it was tender but very chewy. I tried putting it in the pressure cooker but still chewy. Might try grinding it up for something? Messed up mash cauliflower so bad went into the trash. Time to make something I know will be good! I thinking that Zuppa Toscana Soup.

Done Ranting

Last edited:
My left hand been really painful this week. This doctor thing taking forever. Finally got to see doctor after 3 month wait and he ordered X-Rays and a visit to Neurologist. Got X-Rays done but still no word from Neurologist to make appt. Called Doctor yesterday and was hard getting anyone to talk to, just mailbox full messages. Final got a hold of someone and they said will send another message. Tried to get them to send in some pain med but no dice. It is feeling better this morning.

I been on a bad cooking roll. Everything I been making not turning out good. My pulled pork came out dry. My green chile stew was nasty and now my chuck roast is tough! It came apart like it was tender but very chewy. I tried putting it in the pressure cooker but still chewy. Might try grinding it up for something? Messed up mash cauliflower so bad went into the trash. Time to make something I know will be good! I thinking that Zuppa Toscana Soup.

Done Ranting
We all have our off days with cooking. Sorry that you're still having problems with your hands.

you might want to get a honey bee sting on that hand form a bee keeper.
Bee venom is given as a shot for bee sting allergy. It is also used for osteoarthritis, Parkinson disease, multiple sclerosis (MS), nerve pain, and other conditions.

We all have them days when things don’t turn out Brian… I know I’ve sure had them! That soup sounds amazing, hope you post it!

I am hoping they can figure out something for you on your hand soon!

Man I cant win for losing. Decided to make like a deviled roast beef. Put everything in food processor and I missing the piece that goes on the bottom that makes the blade spin. I just used it yesterday and was still in the kitchen. My kitchen is tiny and cant find it anywhere! I even pulled all that nasty stuff out of the trash. Just disappeared.

• Wow
Reactions: JC in GB
Sorry for the rant. This pain has just been more than I can handle at times and making me lose my mind! Sometimes it the right sometimes the left and sometimes both. This sucks! Been going on for months now.

I had bought a new pair of pants and was still in the bag and somehow that food processor part got in there. Good news is I went down another size of pants. Been many years since I wore 42's. Down 120 lbs now from where I use to be. Took many years but it still coming off thanks to intermittent fasting.

Last edited:
and somehow that food processor part got in there.
i-have-seen-the-light-i-have-got-the-answer.gif

• Haha
Reactions: JC in GB
Sorry you are having so many problems with the hand still. Getting answers via phone on anything seems to be a pain anymore. I'd probably look at using that chuck up in some soup.

Positive mindset is a powerful thing . Stress can cause all kinds of issues as well .
Dealing with pain is a bitch . No doubt about that .
Go take a walk through the local APA . Your new best friend just might be waiting for you , and it doesn't hurt to look .

Reactions: zwiller
Sorry to hear you're having these issues Brian. Pain and hands not cooperating is a terrible thing! Maybe the Doc can get you in sooner and get some relief.

Keith

Brian, sorry to hear of your issues. I am going through a similar problem, medicine in the US is broken. If your doctors have an online application, mine uses epic, then sending a message to your Dr is the only way to access them. The only other way I have found to get attention to a problem is the ER, as hard as that is to recommend. Even the Dr tells me this, with wait time in months, if you need attention to problems, this may be the only way.

Again Brian, sorry. This has been way too long. And same on this side of the border.
Both Mona and I don't have Doctors anymore for reasons beyond our control.
They either retired or moved away. And no one to take their caseload.

So I understand about wanting to actually see and talk to a real person that can help.

Like said above , I know it is hard but try to think positive, and find someone to just get out and talk with.

I know the food and cooking is making you made, but don't worry about that,
all the other folks on this site have done some bad cooks it happens .... not to me though. :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing: I wish that was the case.

I know it is taking a long time , but it will get better.

David

Reactions: jcam222
Hang in there Brian! You’ll get on the mend and back to making great food again before you know it
Thanks Jake. It sure great to hear from you. This has been going on for months now. Crazy how long it takes to see someone. These bad flares ups last for many days and the pain is just to much!

Last edited:
Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky