10th Annual South Florida Smoking Meat Gathering (THE BIG ONE!!) - November 13-14, 2020

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Gathering

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I still have lots of plastic utensils and some red cups.

can bring hot dog makings for those of us there Thursday night. Will need a head count to ensure I have enough for everyone.

Carol... appreciate the offer but I think we'll skip the hot dogs... thanks... We usually just do a couple of steaks .. I still have plenty of garbage bags (big box) from previous gatherings..

Well this snuck up on me....we do have soccer for both our girls Sat. AM. Going to have to sit down and figure out the logistics on how we'll do this. Keith, I'll have to think about the rib situation too. Not a big fan of making then reheating. Guess I need to go get some ribs too!!

Reactions: JLeonard
Well - as usual, we're out. I started looking at the whole schedule and completely forgot about playing in our church band on Sunday AM. That would make a total of five back and forths to the Tampa area from Friday AM to Sunday afternoon. I think I would be in the car more than at the campsite. So, if there is someone who wants to use our site, let me know and I can add your name to our reservation so you can check in and use it. Keith, we'll have to have a mini-gathering at some point. Maybe when SX opens?

Well - as usual, we're out. I started looking at the whole schedule and completely forgot about playing in our church band on Sunday AM. That would make a total of five back and forths to the Tampa area from Friday AM to Sunday afternoon. I think I would be in the car more than at the campsite. So, if there is someone who wants to use our site, let me know and I can add your name to our reservation so you can check in and use it. Keith, we'll have to have a mini-gathering at some point. Maybe when SX opens?

what size is your site? Is big enough for motor home? We have friends that have been searching.

Well... with TS "Eta" rolling around out there not knowing where it's gonna go... Gonna make for a challenging time as well... But then again... "10th Annual S. Fl. Gathering AND Hurricane Eta Party" ...

Keeping an eye on the weather...

Last edited:
Well... with TS "Eta" rolling around out there not knowing where it's gonna go... Gonna make for a challenging time as well... But then again... "!0th Annual S. Fl. Gathering AND Hurricane Party Eta" ...

Those of us staying in tents are not enthused with Etas forecast/approach

• Wow
Reactions: jarjarchef
Well... with TS "Eta" rolling around out there not knowing where it's gonna go... Gonna make for a challenging time as well... But then again... "10th Annual S. Fl. Gathering AND Hurricane Eta Party" ...

Man that sucks with a storm coming in for you all. Guess it is 2020 thou.

Yea this really sucks... not looking very promising... Reports are saying TS Warnings for Highlands county until Sat. afternoon... At the moment Highlands Hammock website is saying the campground is closed due to storm ... Will take it day by day and see what unfolds...

Glad I haven't ordered my ribs at Sonny's BBQ yet ...

And then what really sucks.. we were suppose to leave Highlands Sun. and go south down to Collier State Park (In the swamps) and visit Rick and Crystal ( in the Marco Island area)for a few days... I imagine that place will be under water... it's closed as of now too ...

If it is cancelled, I think we should all make something Sat (if possible) and post images for a truly virtual gathering. I'd be willing to set up a Zoom if people wanted to go that far with the concept.

Hey everyone, sorry for the late replies here....i got t-boned friday night by a motor cycle that blew a red light, i think he was drunk. Still waiting for the final police report. i'll post pics in a second. So been dealing with everything this weekend. Eta is really being a bummer. i'll try to call HH this afternoon and get their input.

i guess we should expect this in 2020! Let's take it day by day. Also, my truck might be totaled. I'm getting a rental today and using a friends at the moment. That being said i might not be able to tow my smoker down since most rental trucks dont have a hitch.

One thing after another...i'll monitor this thread all day today and tomorow and let y'all know what HH says

Keith - forgot to reply to your question. I have gotten zero response Jeff and past sponsors unfortunately :/

Yea.. but it's not allowed on here...

But the future is looking more like in our favor as they have it going up into Tallahassee now... cone wasn't showing our area ...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky