10th Annual South Florida Smoking Meat Gathering (THE BIG ONE!!) - November 13-14, 2020

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Gathering

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
No Way Joe... man that would have been great ? Maybe Jerry will do a N.Fl. in April and everything will have settled down some by then...

Carol... there's a site right there with Joe's cancelation.. what site number was it Joe ??

Doug... I was gonna say go back to the start... chicken for lunch... ribs and side for dinner... and add desert ... but that was a little much I guess ...

No Way Joe... man that would have been great ? Maybe Jerry will do a N.Fl. in April and everything will have settled down some by then...

Carol... there's a site right there with Joe's cancelation.. what site number was it Joe ??

Doug... I was gonna say go back to the start... chicken for lunch... ribs and side for dinner... and add desert ... but that was a little much I guess ...
Site 75 is too small for their motor home, checked today.

As of right now, me, wife and 2 kids planning to be there. We might have soccer Sat. AM which we'll need to figure out if that happens. Would likely effect my participation in the rib comp unless it's more early evening.

I'm up for any of the comps.
I still like the Teams with mystery basket ingredient concept.... but that might be too progressive.
So maybe paying respect to the beginning of the gathering is not a bad way to go.

My $0.02 is having the lunch comp adds back the people keeping to their own campsites and not interacting with each other.

As of right now, me, wife and 2 kids planning to be there. We might have soccer Sat. AM which we'll need to figure out if that happens. Would likely effect my participation in the rib comp unless it's more early evening.

Glad to see you'll be there... Dunno when your getting there but maybe do your ribs Fri./night and we will reheat them for ya Sat.

So I am putting a picnic under cure here in the next few weeks ... This will be my first time curing a ham... I will use it for my Fri. night Maple/Bourbon ham...

My $0.02 is having the lunch comp adds back the people keeping to their own campsites and not interacting with each other.

I agree...in the past when we do a lunch and dinner competition people are struggling to get things done and the free-time and fun-time i lessened. I plan to be relaxing mid-day, hanging out and playing games.

Glad to see you'll be there... Dunno when your getting there but maybe do your ribs Fri./night and we will reheat them for ya Sat.

So I am putting a picnic under cure here in the next few weeks ... This will be my first time curing a ham... I will use it for my Fri. night Maple/Bourbon ham...

That sounds awesome! I might try my hand at some homemade bacon and bring it for a snack

Our friends still unable to find site big enough for 35 foot RVs.

If they can’t find one I will need lots of help with breakfast as they have my Blackstone.
keep us posted on competition

OK Then.. less than 2 weeks to go... If anybody is going to cancel last minute.. please let Carol know so her friends might be able to get your spot... Excited and can't wait...

FB_IMG_1604412565416.jpg

Reactions: JLeonard
I was under the impression that ribs are a go... never heard that they weren't... plus we have a past champion (more than 1) returning to defend ...

Hey All!
Yep, we were just going to do the Rib Comp. around dinner time to not overcomplicate the day and give people time to relax and hangout. i'll update the first post with that information.

Headcount is slightly smaller this year which is understandable given the Corona Virus. I count 7-8 forum members as Going plus family and friends i'm guessing we'll have around 20 people this year :)

So the new Forum Platform is not allowing me to edit my #1 post so posting "more details" here...

Saturday is as always the "big day"...we'll eat/snack throughout the day and have Family Dinner and the Rib Competition Saturday evening around 5pm.

Fun Rib Competition:
- You can use Spare or Babybacks
- Turn-in time will be between 5-530 Saturday evening, we can finalize that in person at the campground
- We'll figure out judging, probably try to keep judges internal to make things easier but we can discuss
- That's about it, we like to keep it simple and fun! If you have questions feel free to post

Family Dinner (Saturday)
Bring anything you'd like! Also don't feel obligated to cook if you do not want to or do not feel comfortable. If you'd like to bring paper products (plates, paper towels, cups and plasticware....these are always helpful)

Games
In the past we've played horseshoes, washer toss, corn hole (bean bag toss), etc...IF you have a fun game/activity you'd like to bring/play feel free

Don't have a smoker or cannot transport your cooker to the event...no problem we usually have plenty of extra smoker space available if you still want to cook something!

I think that's about it. Please post if you have any questions! 10 years strong!

Snake sticks would be a first ... but no Doug.. I wasn't planning on making snack sticks... Unless I hear different (as in somebody wants to)... I could bring everything ...

Doug... have you heard anything from site sponsors or others as far as products for drawings/awards ... ??

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky