WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON WITH BRISKET PRICES!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yes sure Al agree 100%. We grind brisket for burgers here regularly. And when I mentioned corning my brisket above, I really meant to follow that with taking the corned beef and turning it into pastrami. Like you and Judy, I have a real passion for the stuff and make it about once a month.

I can tell they're coming from Texas, when every Saturday afternoon, I hear Gil Favor calling, "Head 'em up---Move 'em out"----Rolling, Rolling, Rolling, Though the Streams are swollen............... ................Hyaaaa!!!!

Bear

Locally, Costco is still $3.49/lb for Prime. Winco today had "Choice or better" packers for $3.68/lb. I noted the "sell by" date and will go back a few days before to see if they drop the price. They had chuckies that were about to expire for just over $1/lb. I passed. They didn't look so good.

Locally, Costco is still $3.49/lb for Prime. Winco today had "Choice or better" packers for $3.68/lb. I noted the "sell by" date and will go back a few days before to see if they drop the price. They had chuckies that were about to expire for just over $1/lb. I passed. They didn't look so good.

I tried that the last time Winco had briskets on sale. Yeah, they never had to lower the price further because they sold out in a couple of days.

I was in a Reasor's, a local grocery store chain in NE Oklahoma this morning, Packer Cut - Choice was $2.99/lb. They had a large stock.

Bought a couple choice packers on sale at Kroger's about a month ago for $2.99 a pound. Went to Costco yesterday and their prime packers were $3.99 lb.

Would love to see $1.99 or under one of these days!

Obviously wrong thread but cant find anywhere locally(not even Costco) that has pork bellies. All these bacon posts has me wanting to give it a try. Know a good place to order one for a good price?

Thanks

Reactions: Burner76
Obviously wrong thread but cant find anywhere locally(not even Costco) that has pork bellies. All these bacon posts has me wanting to give it a try. Know a good place to order one for a good price?

I have the same issue out my way. Bellies cost three times the price of a boneless pork butt, so I cure pork butt instead, aka Buckboard Bacon. We love it. A little leaner (3:1 meat to fat) than belly (1:1 meat to fat), but a pretty dang tasty substitute!

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Bought a couple choice packers on sale at Kroger's about a month ago for $2.99 a pound. Went to Costco yesterday and their prime packers were $3.99 lb.

Thanks

Did you try Gordon Food Service?

Bought a couple choice packers on sale at Kroger's about a month ago for $2.99 a pound. Went to Costco yesterday and their prime packers were $3.99 lb

Thanks

Been around the same price for choice at our local krogers however, they have looked like crap ! Good for just a cheap Sunday brisket though. These i definitely go slow and low on due such poor quality .
Pork butts have been plentiful . Haven't seen any porkbellies with any size to them all year long ...

Been around the same price for choice at our local krogers however, they have looked like crap ! Good for just a cheap Sunday brisket though. These i definitely go slow and low on due such poor quality .
Pork butts have been plentiful . Haven't seen any porkbellies with any size to them all year long ...

Man I know it I have bought 3 from Kroger's and they all look like crap with the flats really thin. Did a couple for Fathers day weekend and they took 18 hours at 225 and were 10 pounders. But hey totally worth it after 18 hours and some cold ones.

Cheapest I have seen butts this year is $1.29 on sale. Thinking this next week they should be on sale for 4th of July

Reactions: Burner76
I have the same issue out my way. Bellies cost three times the price of a boneless pork butt, so I cure pork butt instead, aka Buckboard Bacon. We love it. A little leaner (3:1 meat to fat) than belly (1:1 meat to fat), but a pretty dang tasty substitute!

Thanks for the tip. I might do some reading on this and give it a try!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky