Turkey Kielbasi Fresh & Smoked

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Turkey Thighs were on sale 59 cents a pound,I picked up 10 packages 28 lbs. deboned gave me 19 lbs of ground Turkey.Gave the wife 6 lbs. for egg rolls or whatever she wanted to make.
Some big thighs
100_7865.JPG
Boned
100_7867.JPG
Ground once thru small plate 6 lbs
100_7868.JPG
Mixed the cure for my Kielbasi with the NFDM
100_7869.JPG
I had 6 lbs 14 oz
100_7872.JPG
Test patty right on taste
100_7873.JPG
Used fresh collagen casings for the Fresh Kielbasi
100_7884.JPG
Used Hog Casing for the smoked
100_7885.JPG
Let them sit over night then into the MES 40
only 6 small links,first time Turkey Kielbasi
100_7887.JPG
smoked 5.5 hrs then in to finish in the sous vide
First time SV so I heated the water and put a probe
in the Kielbasi cooked them to 165°F
100_7892.JPG
about 1 hr to get to finish temp then cold water bath
100_7893.JPG
back in the fridge to dry over night
100_7894.JPG
having some with home made sauerkraut for dinner tomorrow
cut shot
100_7897.JPG
Thanks for watching
Richie

Smoked Turkey Kielbasi

5 lb. Turkey Thighs skin on grind once
thru fine plate

1 Cup non fat dry milk

1 level tsp. cure #1

2 Tbsp. salt

1/2 Tbsp. sugar

1 Lrg. clove garlic ( 1Tbsp granulated )

1/2 Tbsp. black pepper

1 Tbsp. marjoram

1 Tbsp. mustard seeds (or more)

8 oz. ice water

Last edited:
Never tried kielbasa with turkey. My Dad used to buy a coarse ground pork variety with 1/4" chunks of meat and fat. Not everybody's cup of tea but tasty...JJ

Never tried kielbasa with turkey. My Dad used to buy a coarse ground variety with 1/4" chunks of meat and fat. Not every bodies cup of tea but tasty...JJ

JJ We only tasted the test patty it was just like pork kielbasi,I am glad I tried it used your suggestion an added the cure for the whole batch of kielbasi.Thanks
Richie

Aw Man---That looks Freaking Awesome, My Brother!!!

And way to much work for this Old Bear.

Nice Job!!
Like.

Bear

Looks tasty, never made turkey kielbasi myself but I did have it before.

Jim I never seen it before in any store,so I gave it a shot smoked will be tasted tomorrow,fresh will wait a week or so need to make some Pierogies.
Richie

Jim I never seen it before in any store,so I gave it a shot smoked will be tasted tomorrow,fresh will wait a week or so need to make some Pierogies.
Richie
We do sell it in the store I work for, that's where I had it as mentioned above if I was blindfolded I'm not sure I could tell the difference from pork

Aw Man---That looks Freaking Awesome, My Brother!!!

And way to much work for this Old Bear.

Nice Job!!
Like.

Bear

Brother John Thank you it wasn't to bad I didn't try getting every little bit of meat off the bone.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

We do sell it in the store I work for, that's where I had it as mentioned above if I was blindfolded I'm not sure I could tell the difference from pork

I made some Turkey Italian style no time to make that post today,dealing with realtors all day,now working on dinner
Richie

Last edited:
Beautiful sausage. I never tried any poultry sausage before.

Wow that looks great Richie! I have done it with ground chicken before with great success. Like you, not sure I could tell the difference between that and a pork version!

Chris thanks we enjoyed the test patty and we are excited to try it with my first home made Sauerkraut
Richie

Dinner last night
Home made Sauerkraut with Smoked Turkey Kielbasi
100_7918.JPG
Both are great 1st time making both it was a success
Richie

Bro, if you ain't Polish, you grew up with a few. That looks great, like Mom used to make. Add some Red Beet Horseradish for some punch...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky