Trying Pulled Pork ABT's today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

captainbuttfloss

Original poster
Mar 4, 2018
Melbourne, FL
Well the weather was beautiful down here in FL this weekend so yesterday I smoked a pork butt to eat on this week. I had already planned on smoking some ABT's and chicken wings during the race today, and then the idea hit to put some of the pulled pork from yesterday inside the turds (I usually use lil Smokies). Ended up making half with the lil Smokies and half with the pork. Smoker's almost warmed up now and can't wait to dive into these in a couple hours! BTW, bare with me, this is my first thread (besides saying hi, i'm new here) and I'm still getting use to these forums :)

5qtsjrm.jpg

POb1kr9.jpg

Everything looks delicious!
Congrats on making the carousel on your first thread!
Nicely done!
Al

Thanks! And i'm not gonna lie, it took me a minute to figure out what the carousel was :). Also, after using the pork instead of the smokies in the ABT's I'm hooked, way better! Can't wait for next weekend to make them again! Oh, and here's a few more pictures from yesterday:

7heCdAZ.jpg

FhqIu9h.jpg

nrfPP8T.jpg

8Ier3EX.jpg

d3z0wFm.jpg

Last edited:
This might be your first thread, but judging by the photos not your first smoke or Q-View photos. Those photos are outstanding, and so is the food.

What kind of smoker do you have. Looks at lot like a MES based on the racks. If so that is an impressive skin on the chicken even before searing.

Reactions: captainbuttfloss
Thanks guys! I got the MES 30" about a month ago and have never smoked anything before that. Cooked plenty, but never smoked. I do have a veteran though where I work and have been asking him plenty of questions. I do have a newbie question though, what does Q or Q-view mean?

First let me say outstanding looking smoke.

Thanks guys! I got the MES 30" about a month ago and have never smoked anything before that. Cooked plenty, but never smoked. I do have a veteran though where I work and have been asking him plenty of questions. I do have a newbie question though, what does Q or Q-view mean?

Q is just short for BBQ, and Q-view is just pic's of what you made. Some are very detailed such as the step-by-steps, and some are very simple like a plated picture. At least that's my take.

Point for sure.

Chris

Reactions: captainbuttfloss
what is the carousel?

The carousel is the "moving" or "rotating" pictures at the top of the forum's main page. (Dont worry, it took me a minute to figure it out when I first saw "carousel" too.

Thanks for asking though. Made me read this thread. Now I am going to use some of my left over PP for the ABTs Im going to try making this weekend.

Thumbs up Binford 6100 Binford 6100 +1

Reactions: Binford 6100
The carousel is the "moving" or "rotating" pictures at the top of the forum's main page. (Dont worry, it took me a minute to figure it out when I first saw "carousel" too.

Thanks for asking though. Made me read this thread. Now I am going to use some of my left over PP for the ABTs Im going to try making this weekend.

Thumbs up Binford 6100 Binford 6100 +1

I came in Here because I had some left over pp that I thought would be good in ATBs

Did you just put pulled pork in there or did you chop it really fine?

I was thinking about tossing my in the food processor with cream cheese to make a creamy filling.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky