To rinse or not to rinse, that is the question!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Do you rinse your poultry before cooking it.

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I usually rinse and pat dry, especially after brining.  As for a mess, just opening the bag that they come in can at times be pretty messy.  As for splatter, I don't take it to a car wash.  Having both the Serve Safe and HACCP certificates, I do keep an eye on things and the bleach spray bottle and bleach bucket is always near as cross contamination is always a concern.  

There are times that common sense just needs to be used.  When moving one type of food from one station to another, that's what they make bowls and containers for.  It's not like you pick a dripping wet chicken up by the feet and waltz on to the next station leaving a trail of water behind.

My 1/50th.

Tom

yeah iam back man sorry for the hiatius...working alot of nights lately and now me and my wife are preparing for our first baby due in March...lots of stuff going on with my house too....foundation problems, windows, the list never ends

Use to rinse but as the mule said it ends up all over.
The only time I rinse is if it feels slimy or has a smell to it.

Here is what came off and out of a  chicken we are cooking today,  If you have to trim it might as well wash it,  I'm and old guy (Old School)    Clean the sink and counter top and spray with bleach water.

They are inconsistent on the packaging of whole chickens, sometimes they put the neck and innards in sometimes they don't. Always needs trimming up

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky