Temp Control Test Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mossymo

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 30, 2007
Glenburn, North Dakota
A choice grade brisket was the victim to try a temperature control set up with yesterday. Here it is close to wrap time.

UJurrL.jpg

-----

Right before slicing.

t92NIk.jpg

-----

oA9bIi.jpg

-----

szWc2b.jpg

Fireboard controlled with a BBQ Guru Pit Bull fan worked well in the Humphrey’s Qube’d Pint. Very happy with both temp control and the brisket!

p1nvGV.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Very nice job on that brisket. Glad the temp controller worked out. I haven't made up my mind if I want to go that route yet.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: mossymo
Had it about a month, can't wait for it to be fully seasoned and full of creosote!

When I first got my MES 30, I did about a dozen break in runs. :emoji_fearful:
They were fun, and I liked smellin the smoke and dreaming up my modifications. :emoji_rolling_eyes:

Mine is finally beginning to get a nice smoked patina inside it. :emoji_laughing:

Looks great! I have a 14 pound prime I'm doing in my Humphrey Long Weekender in the morning. You have convinced me to try 300 degrees. How big was yours and how long did it take?

Looks great! I have a 14 pound prime I'm doing in my Humphrey Long Weekender in the morning. You have convinced me to try 300 degrees. How big was yours and how long did it take?

Never weighed it, bought a case of briskets and they were not marked but would guess it was 15 to 16 lbs before trimming. It was a 6 hour cook time. Good luck with yours and sorry for the slow reply.

No problem. I just put mine on 6:30 am Indiana time. I cheated a bit. I fired up the Long Weekender last night so I it would be ready to go this morning. I know your is much larger than mine but I was able to run all night at 225 on 1/2 a firebox of Weber charcoal with temps in the teens. . About 4-5 pounds. Just got up and cranked the Guru up to 300.

BTW, are you on the Humprey facebook page? Lots of good info and people including the owners

No problem. I just put mine on 6:30 am Indiana time. I cheated a bit. I fired up the Long Weekender last night so I it would be ready to go this morning. I know your is much larger than mine but I was able to run all night at 225 on 1/2 a firebox of Weber charcoal with temps in the teens. . About 4-5 pounds. Just got up and cranked the Guru up to 300.

BTW, are you on the Humprey facebook page? Lots of good info and people including the owners

I am at the Humphrey's group and am looking forward to your results! My name is Marty Owens.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky