PBX Brisket and Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tbrtt1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Though I don't post frequently like I once did, I still love the site and peek at it semi-regularly. Like many of us afflicted with this BBQ and Smoked Meat disorder, I have more than one tool for smoking meat. A couple of months ago I acquired the 22-inch PBX (the large Pit Barrel Cooker).

I'm still smoking, albeit somewhat less frequently. But I am still abound.

I picked up some SLC ribs and a brisket point and some jalapeño poppers. One of the many benefits of living in the great state of Texas is brisket. Always available and reasonably priced (inflation has affected pricing of late). Also, it is easy to find brisket parts. Like a point or a flat.

No prep or plated pics. I remembered to take pics, just not very many.

Getting all smokey and yummy
1705860980971.jpeg

Brisket point just before foil wrap. I needed to speed things along and chose foil over butcher paper.
1705861139497.jpeg

Ribs getting wrapped too. Sometimes I wrap, usually I don't. But the color and bark was coming along and the foil was out.
1705861251686.jpeg

Brisket Point ready for slicing and eating
1705861316147.jpeg

1705861369879.jpeg

Ribs

1705861466079.jpeg

1705861541621.jpeg

Sorry for lack of prep and plate pics. Enjoy your day!
TB

Though I don't post frequently like I once did, I still love the site and peek at it semi-regularly. Like many of us afflicted with this BBQ and Smoked Meat disorder, I have more than one tool for smoking meat. A couple of months ago I acquired the 22-inch PBX (the large Pit Barrel Cooker).

I'm still smoking, albeit somewhat less frequently. But I am still abound.

I picked up some SLC ribs and a brisket point and some jalapeño poppers. One of the many benefits of living in the great state of Texas is brisket. Always available and reasonably priced (inflation has affected pricing of late). Also, it is easy to find brisket parts. Like a point or a flat.

No prep or plated pics. I remembered to take pics, just not very many.

Getting all smokey and yummy
View attachment 686315

Brisket point just before foil wrap. I needed to speed things along and chose foil over butcher paper.
View attachment 686316

Ribs getting wrapped too. Sometimes I wrap, usually I don't. But the color and bark was coming along and the foil was out.
View attachment 686317
Brisket Point ready for slicing and eating
View attachment 686318
View attachment 686319

Ribs

View attachment 686320
View attachment 686321

Sorry for lack of prep and plate pics. Enjoy your day!
TB
Looks great from here!

- Jason

Since everything looks so dang good we’ll let ya slide on the prep and plated pics!

Jim

Wow! Legendary Pitmasters, Gurus, Hall of Famers, etc. commenting. Much obliged.

Thanks folks. I joined this forum in early 2014. Though I have frequented other forums, and occasionally still do, Smoking Meat Forums is tops. The great people on this forum make this my #1 go-to place for all things smoked. The encouragement and positivity of the members here are terrific.

TB.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky