• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

T-Bone Dinner For Good Friends (Pics)

tx smoker

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
Finally got some time to spend with our best friends. She's had some minor health issues and he underwent back surgery not long ago and they were kinda out of pocket for a while. Decided to extend an invite for a nice steak dinner and they readily accepted. Got three big t-bones out that I cut from a huge CBP primal shortloin roast. These are very close to qualifying as porterhouses but I'm not gonna take a chance misrepresenting them so scaling back to t-bones. This was yet another meal that was somewhat minimalist. Steak, salad, and loaded baked potatoes. I did cook up some homemade bacon crumbles for the taters, which was a really nice addition.

The steaks
005_Fotogenic.jpg

The seasoning I used. I'm pretty sure I got this from our very good friend Warren ( HalfSmoked HalfSmoked ) in our Christmas exchange. Never used it for "blackening" steaks but the flavor is absolutely outstanding. Some really good stuff
006.jpg

Steaks seasoned
007_Fotogenic.jpg

Onto the Weber indirect with a couple chunks of mesquite
009_Fotogenic.jpg

Steaks all done
010_Fotogenic.jpg

The whole spread
012_Fotogenic.jpg

My dinner. The ladies split one steak so Rick and I each got our own
013_Fotogenic.jpg

Missed getting a sliced shot of the steak but it was spot on medium rare. I sure do love having a good instant read thermometer :emoji_wink: It takes so much of the guess work out of cooking meat exactly the way you want it done. The flavor of these steaks was outstanding. Between the seasoning and the smoke flavor from the grill...WOW. All in all another successful dinner that was not over-the-top complicated. Simple and basic but well executed. I'll take that every time!!

Thanks once again for dropping in. Y'all take care, stay safe, remain diligent, and have a great weekend. I know it's only Friday but my weekend started 3 hours ago :emoji_astonished:

Robert

TNJAKE

Smoking Guru
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Heck yeah Robert nice work all around. That final plate shot is a thing of beauty!

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Looks great . I'm due for a steak supper .

Thanks once again for dropping in. Y'all take care, stay safe, remain diligent, and have a great weekend.
Yup .

SWFLsmkr1

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Now thats great eating with friends.

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Nice meal. And very cool to help out your friends. And you inspired me to get some steaks out of the freezer. I was wondering what to do for dinner.

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Yes great looking meal, and nice to start sharing with good friends

David

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
That looks delicious! It's hard to beat a properly prepared steak! Nice job Robert!

Ryan

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Simple and basic but well executed for sure! It would be mightily hard to turn down an invite for a steak dinner like that.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Awesome Plate, Robert!!
Nice Steaks!!
Like.
I quit buying T-bones around here. I think they come from retired Russian Wrestling teams. If I ever get any from my stores again, they will have to go through my SV first.

Bear

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2018
tenor.gif

Looks awesome Robert! Love how the steak takes up 3/4 of the plate and you got a tiny bit of room for sides. That's how it should be done right there. Excellent!

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Nice supper. There ain't no need to ask, " WHERE'S THE BEEF? " It's at Robert's House!...JJ😆

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Nice job Robert!
Those steaks look excellent!
Al

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
Nailed it again Robert! looks amazing!

sawhorseray

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 17, 2014
I don't need to imagine, I KNOW how delicious that hunk of beef is! Perfection on a plate, fantastic piece of work amigo! RAY

tx smoker

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
Looks great . I'm due for a steak supper .
Well come on down Rich. I'd be happy to cook one up for you...or I guess you could cook it yourself and save the trip :emoji_wink:

Robert

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.