A couple thick strips please!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Been waiting to cook up some of these.

IMG_20240412_151204269.jpg

Thawed out a 5 pound roast. And got 7 thick steaks from it.

IMG_20240414_131701402 (1).jpg

Tossed two on the Weber with charcoal and hickory chips. Pulled at 135. Rested for 10 minutes The carry over went to 142.
IMG_20240414_182952351.jpg

Plated with tri-color taters. The purple taters look charred. But they were tender, moist. And great! The steaks were amazing. The meat from this company is awesome!

Last edited:
Those look kill'er, Steve... now I have to pull a few out to do up Mon. or Tuesday night.:emoji_yum:

Been waiting to cook up some of these.

View attachment 694485
Thawed out a 5 pound roast. And got 7 thick steaks from it.

View attachment 694486

Tossed two on the Weber with charcoal and hickory chips. Pulled at 135. Rested for 10 minutes The carry over went to 142.
View attachment 694487

Plated with tri-color taters. The purple taters look charred. But they were tender, moist. And great! The steaks were amazing. The meat from this company is awesome!

That plated pic looks phenomenal! Nice going Steve! If my math is correct, you still have 5 of the steaks left...just let me know when we're havin' those and I'll be right over... :emoji_wink:

Red

Reactions: JLeonard
Great looking plate! I almost did taters like that Saturday when I did my steak. Kinda wished I had now.

Jim

Oh HECK YEAH, Steve!! That's my kind of meal, for sure. I may post a lot of seafood cooks, but I'm a steak and potatoes kind of guy at heart...

Last edited:
Those look kill'er, Steve... now I have to pull a few out to do up Mon. or Tuesday night.:emoji_yum:
Thank you!

Looks great Steve , and the colour on everything just screams BBQ.
Has me drooling. :emoji_yum: :emoji_thumbsup:

David
Thanks David!

That looks like quality meat with great marbling. The end result looks great.
Thanks Chris!

That plated pic looks phenomenal! Nice going Steve! If my math is correct, you still have 5 of the steaks left...just let me know when we're havin' those and I'll be right over... :emoji_wink:

Red
Lol! Thanks Red!

Nice meal Steve !
Thanks Chop!

Great looking plate! I almost did taters like that Saturday when I did my steak. Kinda wished I had now.

Jim
Thanks Jim!

Nice looking Meal!! Would love to sit down to that!
Great lookin' cook Steve, you just helped me decide what's for dinner! RAY
Lol! Thanks Ray!

Looks great Steve! The char on the taters and steak look perfect to me.
Thanks Jeff!

Nicely done Steve . . . yum !
Thank you!

Looks delicious Steve!
Thanks Jake!

Great meal Steve! Looks cooked to perfection.
Thank you!

Looks sooo good! Awesome job!

I’m gonna have to research that company you get your meat from.
Tnanks! The meat from there is very good.

Putting a stamp of approval on Piedmontese beef?
I may try some this summer.
It’s is definitely good stuff
It sure is!

Can't beat steak & taters, looks great 👍
Thank you!

Oh HECK YEAH, Steve!! That's my kind of meal, for sure. I may post a lot of seafood cooks, but I'm a steak and potatoes kind of guy at heart...
Thanks!

Nothing wrong with a little added color on the outside of the taters Steve, and those steaks look fantastic.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky