Soy Ginger Glazed Spares!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
So the boy was wanting some Asian inspire ribs so I carved up a slab of ribs and seasoned them up with simple SPOG...
CDBF6758-7CBA-417B-96C0-FA881A275254.jpeg

Doing this with my new method for spares.....on the RT1250 @ 265....
5DE4AAD7-D37C-4562-8490-296ABAE18AEC.jpeg

Also added the rib slab trimmings for rib tips...
16BCED9D-FCFC-41BE-AE52-38298BBA02CF.jpeg

So I just let these roll @ 265 for 3.5 hours with a IT 198 then they were glazed with a soy ginger glaze my son made up......
4BF1FD6C-6054-404D-8887-7D910A1CB88A.jpeg

The rib tips...
241E461A-AA26-4F05-A0F7-09412C0A6EB5.jpeg

All in these were only 4 hours.....the 265 shortened the cook time considerably.
1B4DD5BE-35A9-4BC8-84CA-96D7BEEF4BAD.jpeg

All sliced up....
4457B6C0-A458-4803-A0DB-14496990489A.jpeg

Just had a couple earns of fresh corn to join it....
8D43C94A-9064-4761-BE51-04A88CDC668D.jpeg

The money shot!
6E337A51-B8FA-4FE0-AE12-6A780DC45B32.jpeg

Nice job you and your son did Civil. Those ribs look tasty.

Point for sure
Chris

Nice job on those man. Really nice! I've never tried Asian flavors on ribs before but it's good on wings so ribs have to be better.

Was thinking this morning about trying something different with ribs and BAM this looks like it! Great color Civil and I'm sure the flavor was a hit, too !

Keith

Those are some pretty looking ribs! I need to try Asian flavors on ribs like you did. Nicely done!

They look good, doing some spares tomorrow, do you think your son will give up his recipe going to have to give that a shot.

Many thanks chiler!
Great looking ribs there civil

David
Thanks David, much appreciated!
Nice job you and your son did Civil. Those ribs look tasty.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris, it was nice to have a different flavor profile
Nice job on those man. Really nice! I've never tried Asian flavors on ribs before but it's good on wings so ribs have to be better.
Ranks Ringer, we do Asian flavors on ribs often, as well as pulled pork, and pork belly.....well you get the point, it is tasty combination
YEAP! Looks good! Glaze looks amazing!
Thanks yankee!
Wow. Those ribs are money. Absolutely beautiful!! Very nice job by you and your son.

Robert
Many thanks Robert! Its nice having extra hands cook for sure!
CS, Nice job on the ribs !
Much appreciated CS!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Was thinking this morning about trying something different with ribs and BAM this looks like it! Great color Civil and I'm sure the flavor was a hit, too !

Keith
Thanks Keith! It was my boys call on the flavor so I made sure to put him to work.
Those are some pretty looking ribs! I need to try Asian flavors on ribs like you did. Nicely done!
Many thanks XR, yes you need to try the Asian flavors, they go very nicely with pork!
Nice work . Love that flavor profile on ribs .
Much appreciation Chop! Yes I agree it is a good flavor profile
They look good, doing some spares tomorrow, do you think your son will give up his recipe going to have to give that a shot.
Thanks SJ, he will, let me ask him. Sorry I was slammed for the last couple days so no time to read or follow up with a response.
Awesome job by father and son team great looking ribs.
Would your son give up his recipe?

Warren
Thanks Warren, Yup he will give it up. I will post it later today that is if I can get him to give up the Xbox controller.... LOL
Beautiful Civil! Great team work!!!!
Many Thanks JW!

smokerjim smokerjim HalfSmoked HalfSmoked here you go...

4 tsp sesame oil
4 Tbsp minced garlic
4 tsp ginger minced
1/2 cup soy
6 Tbsp honey
6 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
Gochujang & red pepper to taste
Sesame seeds to visual

This is reduced a bit to make it a bit saucy....

You can always add more brown sugar to add sweetness if wanted......

Man those look fantastic! I really need to try some Asian flavors on ribs.
Thanks jcam! It’s a very good flavor combination for sure! We probably do more Asian combinations with smoked pork than anything.... we use the glaze above on many a dish!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky