South Florida Gathering--Nov 4th thru 6th 2011

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
OK.. I heard mentioned earlier about football on TV.. I have satalitte in my camper but I don't have an outside TV. If somebody were to bring one I would be glad to hook the satalitte to it.

OK.. I heard mentioned earlier about football on TV.. I have satalitte in my camper but I don't have an outside TV. If somebody were to bring one I would be glad to hook the satalitte to it.

hmm...i dont have a tv but i have a 24" computer monitor...i wonder if we could get that to work? does your satelite support VGA or DVI inputs?

Turnip...i'm also aweful with names but i'm hoping that over time and all of us hanging out we'll learn each other's names? i can bring name tags also at first if that helps everyone?

Weather report!

looking purty boys and girls

0d04e213_Screenshot2011-11-03at7.32.38AM.png

hello again..i just want to get a final confirmation on the group site...right now this is the current roster

Doug Mays
Brian & Tanya Buchner
Bill Apple

Looks like a smaller group then expected so if anyone wants to crash here your more then welcome. 

Brenda - were you able to talk to Ruthie about transferring funds and switching sites? 

Also anyone is welcome to leave gear and cooking equipment a the group site so you dont have to haul it back and forth.

Rubbin Butts - your big smoker...are you keeping that at your RV site or do you want to park it at the group site?

is anyone brining a fold out canopy? i'm not sure about the shade in this area....maybe Al can chime in on that

it's getting close i'm excited!

hello again..i just want to get a final confirmation on the group site...right now this is the current roster

Doug Mays
Brian & Tanya Buchner
Bill Apple

Looks like a smaller group then expected so if anyone wants to crash here your more then welcome. 

Brenda - were you able to talk to Ruthie about transferring funds and switching sites? 

Also anyone is welcome to leave gear and cooking equipment a the group site so you dont have to haul it back and forth.

Rubbin Butts - your big smoker...are you keeping that at your RV site or do you want to park it at the group site?

is anyone brining a fold out canopy? i'm not sure about the shade in this area....maybe Al can chime in on that

it's getting close i'm excited!
Doug, I was planning on putting my smoker at the group site or the screen room as that is where we will be eating I would think. Where is the screen room in relation to the group site?

I am bringing a 10' X 10' fold out canopy. I do have a 20' x 30' party canopy If you think we need it. It would take a lot of room to load but if you let me know soon enough this morning I can bring it. We are just about loaded up now, just a few more things to go in the motor home. We've got so much packed, you would think we were moving.

We too are really looking forward to the weekend and meeting everyone.

Ron, I think your site backs up to the screen room. I asked if I could set my smoker up inside & they said no so I probably will park my truck next to the screen room & that is probably only about 20 feet from your site if you have c2. I thought that's what you said you had. Doug there is plenty of shade. It's like a forest down there. The group area has a huge tree, but it also has some open area. You could set up a canopy over there, or at least on Sat. & Sat. night we could set up in the screen room. I just found out that they open at 7:00AM on Sat. morning, so I will try to get there at 7:00 or 7:15, but if you guys want to start setting up in the screen room before I get there I don't think they would care. All I need in there is 1 outlet for an extension cord.

Yes Doug, I think name tags would be great. With big letters, so us old farts can read them!

Rubbin - sounds like alot of extra effort and Al says there is alot of shade so dont worry about the big tent.

Al - the group site is close to the cabin also correct?

Who all is bringing dogs? Brenda (YoungOne)? i'm debating bringing mine but i'll feel bad if she is chained up all day...i wonder how strict they are on the lease policy

Rubbin - sounds like alot of extra effort and Al says there is alot of shade so dont worry about the big tent.

Al - the group site is close to the cabin also correct?

Who all is bringing dogs? Brenda (YoungOne)? i'm debating bringing mine but i'll feel bad if she is chained up all day...i wonder how strict they are on the lease policy
Al, We are on lot c4, but that is close enough.

If there is room, I'll put my smoker next to the screen room. Depending on the manuvering room, I may need to let someone hook to my smoker and put it where it needs to be, It's a job trying to put it in a tight area with it hooked behind the motor home.

Doug, We will be bringing our dog. I'm happy there is plenty of shade, I didn't feel like messing with the tent. 

i can hook your smoker to my truck if  you want and put it in position saturday.

do you have a big dog or small dog? mine is about 45 lbs with a ton of energy soi know she'll want to run around...still debating if i'll bring her or not

i can hook your smoker to my truck if  you want and put it in position saturday.

do you have a big dog or small dog? mine is about 45 lbs with a ton of energy soi know she'll want to run around...still debating if i'll bring her or not
No, my wifes dog is a miniature poodle, about 15lbs.

That'll work on moving the smoker. If it's to tight for me to place it with the motor home then I'll just drop it at the group site till sat morning.

Ron, It's really not that tight around the screen room. C4 is only another 10-15 feet away. I'm hoping I can get my pickup up in there too & we can all be close together. I did notice that there were a lot of fire ant mounds around the area so I'll see if I can bring some ant poison we use at work. It will kill them all right now! The group area is about 25 to 30 yards on the other side of the screen room. Even the folks who choose not to be in the immediate area are only about a minute walk away.

My plan for football is to stream it off the interwebs using Mrs Turnips laptop. I'm planning to hook it into a bigger TV screen, 28"? We're also bring a set of speakers to hook up.

Should work out OK.

Your satellite deal sounds even better, just hook my TV to it?

Our dogs are staying home. A weekend getaway is a lot more relaxing without having to babysit 2 mongrels in a campground.

Our site is RVF8 according to the confirmation.

I'm packing a 10x10 canopy too.

TM

My plan for football is to stream it off the interwebs using Mrs Turnips laptop. I'm planning to hook it into a bigger TV screen, 28"? We're also bring a set of speakers to hook up.

Should work out OK.

Your satellite deal sounds even better, just hook my TV to it?

Our dogs are staying home. A weekend getaway is a lot more relaxing without having to babysit 2 mongrels in a campground.

Our site is RVF8 according to the confirmation.

I'm packing a 10x10 canopy too.

TM

Your just a walk across a field from the screen room.

Good luck guys I hope the weather is good and yall have a wonderful time. A little to far away for me this time of year. LSU and BAMA calls, must stay home. Looking forward to the pictures and all the stories of a great time and awesome food.

Yes. we are bringing our dog (Min Pin) as well. I have a fence deal i put up and keep her in so she doesn't have to stay on a leash. She's full of piss and vinager too.. likes to run and play. We'll see how things look as to weather we can let em run loose. Although ours likes to wonder off.

Doug, I don't believe my reciever has those outlets.

Yes TM, just hook my reciever to your TV.

I'm all loaded up and ready to go. Gonna get up early, wash the truc, hook up to camper and gooooooooo.

I have corn toss, horseshoes, and Bocce Ball. My buddy Bill will have corn toss too, so maybe get a tourny going...lol

Do we have any poker players among us ?

Bill also has a EZ-UP

Can't wait to meet everybody

Al.. I hope your still gonna do the pizza, as I am really interested in trying that

Keith, Absolutely on the poker playing.

Al,  It doesn't have to be real tight to make it impossible. I'm really good at backing a trailer, but when the motor home is 38' long and the smoker is only 6' from the ball to the axle, it almost makes it impossible.  Don,t forget the ant poison.
yahoo.gif

Well, we are all loaded up. We will leave about 8AM and be down there about 1PM.

See everyone there!!!

Ron

TM... I just remembered... we will need some cable to go from reciever to tv.. regular coaxial cable .. I only have enuff to go from dish to reciever. or anybody else that gets this

Well, it's finally here, WOO HOO! Laurie and I and our friends Tommy and Robin will be there around

4:30-5:00 tonight and then LET IT RIP YA"LL.

Be careful, be safe, be there or be square...James

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky