2014 South Florida Gathering (November 7-9)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What would you prefer for our Cold Smoking & Dehydrating Project?

• Snack Sticks and lots of them!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Enough Snack Sticks for everyone to take a little home as well as Beef Jerky and Cheese

• Beef Jerky and Cheese only

• I dont really care for participating in this type of project

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You pack a mean tool kit !!!!

Either one will be sufficient for the next gathering. We had a great time with you & Karen.

Hope to see you again real soon

Craig

Both of those cases are amazing! haha

Just wanted to thanks our sponsors once again,  usually we take pictures of the winners with there winning swag but we got all caught up in everything else Saturday night and forgot :( But thanks to Todd (@TJohnson  ) with the A-Maze-N Smoker and Tubes, along with the Pellets, shirt and hat! Thanks to Jeff (@TulsaJeff  ) who not only runs the best forum on the internet and is the reason for all of this, but also his yearly contribution of his amazing books! Special Thanks to Lisa (@Lisa B  ) for donating a generous amount of vacuum seal bags. These were crucial for vacuum sealing all the jerky, snack sticks and sausage we made!

Winners and Prizes below:

1st Place Ribs - Jeramy - Jeff's Cookbook and a A-Maze-N Smoker

2nd Place Ribs - Doug - A-Maze-N T-shirt

1st Place Something Special - Jeff's Cookbook and A-Maze-N Smoker

Special prize went to Keith for being the ring leader of the sausage making project, which was no small feat  - A-Maze-N Tube and Hat

Both of those cases are amazing! haha

Just wanted to thanks our sponsors once again,  usually we take pictures of the winners with there winning swag but we got all caught up in everything else Saturday night and forgot :( But thanks to Todd (@TJohnson  ) with the A-Maze-N Smoker and Tubes, along with the Pellets, shirt and hat! Thanks to Jeff (@TulsaJeff  ) who not only runs the best forum on the internet and is the reason for all of this, but also his yearly contribution of his amazing books! Special Thanks to Lisa (@Lisa B  ) for donating a generous amount of vacuum seal bags. These were crucial for vacuum sealing all the jerky, snack sticks and sausage we made!

Winners and Prizes below:

1st Place Ribs - Jeramy - Jeff's Cookbook and a A-Maze-N Smoker

2nd Place Ribs - Doug - A-Maze-N T-shirt

1st Place Something Special - Jeff's Cookbook and A-Maze-N Smoker

Special prize went to Keith for being the ring leader of the sausage making project, which was no small feat  - A-Maze-N Tube and Hat
Yee Ha!

Congrats to all!

Todd

Wow!! Sounds like you guys and gals had a blast! I always love reading about the adventure. One of these years I'm gonna get my butt down there. If we have a snoring contest ya'll going down. 
laugh1.gif

Wow!! Sounds like you guys and gals had a blast! I always love reading about the adventure. One of these years I'm gonna get my butt down there. If we have a snoring contest ya'll going down. 
laugh1.gif
Next year! i'm penciling you in the RSVP book.

Oh and bring it with the snoring...i didnt hear any complaints but i've been called The Chainsaw

Thank you very much to all of the sponsors.

I am not so sure about the snoring comp and it being a lock. My wife and kids say I have sawed plenty of logs in my time. I don't know what they are talking about, I have never heard it.:dunno

As soon as we can get the firm dates we are ready to book again.

well ok then... We made it back from Homestead (nascar race) last night... everything is well....

Jeff (smoking meat forums founder)... THANK YOU so much for the books and these awesome forums... without you none of these gatherings would have ever happened...

Todd (A-maz-n Products) ... don't let anybody tell you any different.. your STILL the man... thanks for the offerings... I know I have sparked the interest of many of people to look into your products ...

Lisa (Vacuum Sealers Unlimited)... This young lady.. what an awesome gal she is... to send us all the vacuum bags one could use is truly a blessing...

Doug (S. FL. Gathering founder)... A BIG "THANKS" to you as well... the 4th annual gathering was very much a success in my eyes...

THANK YOU, ALL

Definitely a great time was had by all... what a success... it was sad that a few members couldn't make it back this year (they were all missed)... But we gained a few new attendees this year and it was great to meet them.. I hope they had enough fun that they will want to come back next year and try to "bribe" others (with good food and drink) to come as well... Lets make this social bigger and better ...

So where do I find the 2015 S. FL. Gathering thread so I can get signed up ? :biggrin:

Looks like another great gathering and fun was had by all. I really wish I could have made it this year as all previous years have been a blast with each one better than the last. 2015 gathering can't get here soon enough and hopefully I will be able to attend. After all, SOMEONE has to knock Jeramy off the throne!! But seriously, congrats to Jeramy and all the winners. I'm sure all the food entries were worthy of 1st place but there can only be one.

No date yet....if i remember correctly the website that HH uses for bookings only allows 6 months in advance? But i'll look tomorrow. 

I've barely put a dent in mine but Chorizo has a great flavor!

Sending Todd and Lisa their's this week so we'll have to get there opinions as well

Phyllis I had a great time. Thanks to all for the great food and friendship. Van

Thank You for a great day. Hope you have a Merry Smokey Christmas and Happy New Year.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky