Sometimes just a good steak is what you want for dinner.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Reactions: GaryHibbert
Both the Steak & the Taters look Mighty Tasty!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear. We really favor going with flat irons. Their flavor, size and time to cook are about as perfect for us as we can get. Always a little left over for a light munchie dinner the next night. Served cold & thinly sliced, some horseradish on the side along with some good cheese and of course wine. :emoji_wink:🍷

Didn't feel like anything with a lot of effort, so pulled out a nice flat iron. Trimmed it a bit, applied garlic, salt and pepper then let it sit for 45 min. In the meantime took some fingerling potatoes, cut in half then folded in 1/2 tsp of oil, a tsp each of garlic and italian seasoning, 1/4 cup grated parmesan reggiano plus 1/2 tsp salt. Put into the air fryer @ 400º for ~18 min. Steak on the grill for 10 minutes then rested for 8 minutes. Wife and I enjoyed dinner out on the back porch. Doesn't get much better than this, for us.

View attachment 633324View attachment 633325View attachment 633326
Now that looks like a proper meal!

Reactions: schlotz
Such an awesome-looking meal! Made my mouth water and inspired me to thaw the last 3" thick cowboy steak I had in the freezer. It was cut from a 4-bone rib roast I bought at Christmas.

Kettle grilled it last night. My wife and I ate half with potatoes and squash steamed with onions. Thanks for the inspiration!

Ray

Such an awesome-looking meal! Made my mouth water and inspired me to thaw the last 3" thick cowboy steak I had in the freezer. It was cut from a 4-bone rib roast I bought at Christmas.

Kettle grilled it last night. My wife and I ate half with potatoes and squash steamed with onions. Thanks for the inspiration!

Ray
Glad to hear it Ray!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky