Sometimes just a good steak is what you want for dinner.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

schlotz

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 13, 2015
Coatesville, IN
Didn't feel like anything with a lot of effort, so pulled out a nice flat iron. Trimmed it a bit, applied garlic, salt and pepper then let it sit for 45 min. In the meantime took some fingerling potatoes, cut in half then folded in 1/2 tsp of oil, a tsp each of garlic and italian seasoning, 1/4 cup grated parmesan reggiano plus 1/2 tsp salt. Put into the air fryer @ 400º for ~18 min. Steak on the grill for 10 minutes then rested for 8 minutes. Wife and I enjoyed dinner out on the back porch. Doesn't get much better than this, for us.

IMG_4973.jpg
IMG_4974.jpg
IMG_4975.jpg

Nice view and nice looking steak.

point for sure
Chris

Reactions: schlotz
Great meal and view! I have to agree, many times the simple approach is the best! Let the meat speak for itself and enjoy the moment. Great post!

A nice thick ribeye cooked medium or a nice prime rib cooked rare. Once in a blue moon meal. God I love it so much. But I rarely eat it.

I love a good steak. More than I should. and you did that one right, with some red wine to boot! Looks perfect all around.

we made burgers on Friday-been raining and cold ever since.

Matt, you hit the nail square on the head sir. Your dinner here is exactly what I have on the menu for tonight. simple steak and a side of some sort. Gotta admit though, your view is pretty fantastic. No clutter of any houses anywhere in view. That's what relaxation is all about!! Well done sir.

Robert

Looks perfect from my house.
Nothing wrong with keeping it simple either.
Smoked and reverse seared rib eyes are on the menu today too.

Matt, you hit the nail square on the head sir. Your dinner here is exactly what I have on the menu for tonight. simple steak and a side of some sort. Gotta admit though, your view is pretty fantastic. No clutter of any houses anywhere in view. That's what relaxation is all about!! Well done sir.

Robert
Appreciate that Robert. We moved and built, out on 15 acres of farmland that had been used for hay for a number of years. The Kids bring over their yearling cows to graze for the summer. They have 8 out there at the moment. Btw: they are purebred (>95%) Wagyu.

Matt

Looks perfect from my house.
Nothing wrong with keeping it simple either.
Smoked and reverse seared rib eyes are on the menu today too.
Simple is always best. What a great meal.
I love a good steak. More than I should. and you did that one right, with some red wine to boot! Looks perfect all around.

we made burgers on Friday-been raining and cold ever since.
A nice thick ribeye cooked medium or a nice prime rib cooked rare. Once in a blue moon meal. God I love it so much. But I rarely eat it.
Really nice meal . Love the view too .
Great meal and view! I have to agree, many times the simple approach is the best! Let the meat speak for itself and enjoy the moment. Great post!
Nice view and nice looking steak.

point for sure
Chris
Nice looking dinner and a great view. Looks amazing.

Glad y'all liked the concept. Thanks for checking in! Tonight will be even simpler, hot dogs chips and beer :emoji_grinning:

That looks ideal, been wondering what to make for dinner tonight after have guests last night, need something real simple. Thank you for figuring it out for me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky