Creamy Jalapeno salsa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bigheaded

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 14, 2021
Philippines
I love salsa, tried this for the 1st time a few months and it's outstanding. I've been making it every few weeks.

1 cup of EVOO
3-6 Jalapenos
6 peeled Garlic cloves
salt to taste
juice from half a big lime, if using a small keylime or something use it all.
Cilantro (optional) to taste

remove stems and cut Jalapenos in half.
Put enough EVOO in a pan to cover the bottom
Put Jalapenos & Garlic in the pan over medium high heat and cook until charred, took me 5 minutes. the Garlic should be blackish.
remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
Put them in a blender or food processor with the oil left from the pan, if using Cilantro add it, turn on medium and slowly add in the rest of the oil and blend until smooth. Then add salt (I use about 1/2 a tsp) lime juice and blend more.

I don't deseed the Jalapenos but if you only like some spice do that. 3 Jalapenos would be on the low end of spicy (for me) The 2nd time I made it I started using 6, but YMMV. For reference, I can eat whole Habenaros and I always do the wing challenges when I go somewhere that makes you sign a waiver. If you can only handle mid spice, this would still be delicious with deseeded Jalapenos. From the oil it comes out creamy, almost like it has cream in it. You can adjust the amount of oil depending on how thick you like it. It's great for chips and dip, and it's MONEY on Chilaquiles. If you live near a Krogers, some carry a tortilla chip brand Don Juilo. For a mass produced chip IMHO these are some of the best I've had.

From what I gathered reading on Google, this type of salsa is common parts of Texas. I'm in So Cal and haven't been anywhere with an EVOO based salsa.

Sounds tasty. I smoked about 6 lbs of jalapeno yesterday for 5 hours. They are going in the dehydrator tomorrow. I may save a couple cups of them without further dehydrating to do this.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky