• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

smoked velveeta

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
MMMmmmm......
That's about the only Cheese I never Smoked. Don't know why, because I love Velveeta Cheese!!
Be back to see the finish!

Bear

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
I bet that is damn good! I love a lot of really good and high end cheese but I still love a good bit of velveeta on things at times!

smker

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 23, 2012
MMMmmmm......
That's about the only Cheese I never Smoked. Don't know why, because I love Velveeta Cheese!!
Be back to see the finish!

Bear
here is the finish to the 2 large bricks i did a week before thanksgiving, the 2nd pic is of what i have left of those two right beside the bacon candy photo thats well not up just yet, so ya know its current

Attachments

GATOR240

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 15, 2017
I never smoked a block of Velveeta, but I smoked mac and cheese with velveeta, using the recipe on the back of the cheese box and cherry pellets. It turned out excellent.

smker

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 23, 2012
I never smoked a block of Velveeta, but I smoked mac and cheese with velveeta, using the recipe on the back of the cheese box and cherry pellets. It turned out excellent.
smoked MAC is great but having a brick of aged smoked velveeta is like gold
=

smker

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 23, 2012
what time/temp and type of smoke did you apply?
temp wise is below the melting point of this cheese 165-170 deg, using the pellet tray doesn't add very much heat, and i used a mix of hickory pecan for around 5 hrs and it was on the second rack down from the top rack that i had a piece of cardboard on to catch any drips off the top

zwiller

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 16, 2016
LIKE. I like Velveeta in dishes and can see smoked stuff working well in things. Straight up it is too soft and fake-ish tasting to me. Just this year I've branched out into deli section cheeses instead of the prepackaged blocks. First run was Land O Lakes American Deli and while it is a processed cheese like Velveeta it is still firm and real tasting on its own. It is VERY creamy and has a long lingering flavor compared to block cheese.

Steve H

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Looks great! Question though. How well did the smoke get into the cheese without slicing it into smaller chunks first?

idahopz

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 9, 2015
Looks great! I've never done Velveeta either, but it sounds delicious.

MNholla

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 24, 2019
I have never done velvetta either. however, on my last cheese smoke I bought block of processed horseradish cheddar (didn't read the label close enough). I was pretty pissed but it turned out to be the best cheese of that batch. I think I will always put a processed cheese in the mix from now on.

And I always do a block of cream cheese, too

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.